JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Pre Sales Questions related to the Address Book function

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby xtinemmm » Wed May 05, 2010 2:05 am

Hello.

We are considering a gold membership and would like to understand if we will be able to either build a module or customize the code to do the following.

1) Create an "Event Manager" user role (we may have 300 of these)
2) "Event Managers" can create private events and book resources (rooms, trainers)
3) The "Event Manager" would have their own address book- they can invite from the address book, adding or changing their address book as needed (they each will have 100 names in there)
4) We would synch these address books nightly from our main user database

Between all the J events offers and some custom code, can we make this happen?
xtinemmm

Postby Geraint » Wed May 05, 2010 9:01 am

I'm afraid there is no address book functionality in JEvents.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby robertocavaliere » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:23 am

Hello,
I'm looking for "address book" functionality in JEvents (I have a gold membership to JEvents club). According to this post it should not be available, however, the post is quite old. Is there any upgrade? If not, is it in the pipe?
Thanks and regards,
Roberto
robertocavaliere

Postby Geraint » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:26 am

When creating invites in RSVP Pro you can save lists of invitees to re-use at a later date.

e.g. invite all the members of the football team and then save this as a list called 'football team' and next time you can select the whole team by simply selecting the list entry.

Is that what you are looking for?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby robertocavaliere » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:49 am

First of all, thanks for the quick reply.
What you suggest is not exactly what I need (however I don't know very well all the RSVP Pro features). I'm looking for a more traditional contacts' book manager, like a phone book component.
I'm developing my first web site (yes, I'm a novel in Joomla) related to events management for a restaurant, and JEvents is fine for almost all aspects related to events. However, I need to create a list of contacts with many details for each individual, not just email address or phone number. Moreover, I need to create a web page from where the restaurant's owner can insert/manage all information about people to invite or customers. Is this what I can do with list of invitees managed by RSVP Pro? If so, could you address to me some demo or documents where I can find instructions?
Thanks again and regards,
Roberto
robertocavaliere

Postby Geraint » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:01 am

RSVP Pro is all about inviting people to events, recording attendance/taking registrations/payments and sending event reminders. There are demo videos of the key features available here http://www.jevents.net/downloads/category/62-rsvppro_12

Would the restaurant's customers be registered users of the website?

We do also have a managed people addon for JEvents which allows you to create entries for people (or resources) of different types. Including images, addresses, URLs and other custom fields. You can then associate these 'managed people' with events.

BUT this is designed for things like managing speakers at conferences or musicians performing at an event etc. i.e. most of the details of these managed people are expected to be public and would appear on a website. Its not a private address book.

After you have taken a look at RSVP Pro perhaps we could continue the discussion in the gold member forum.

Geraint
Geraint

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)