JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

JEvents questions from a newby  Topic is solved

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby henkboorsma » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:36 am

I cannot find all answers to my questions through this post. I hope you can answer them from this topic;

I would like to be able to do the following;

Setup a one time event on a Joomla site. For that one time event, I want to invite people. That means I want to import a list of invitees and invite them per email.
I want to add some extra fields people must fill in when they register like
-I want to attend (drop down for Golf clinic, or Golf match).
-I will attend the diner yes/no
-I am vegetarian yes/no

After the invitation has been sent
-I want to send reminders for people not registered yet.
-I want to be able to export attendee list to Excel so the organizer can simply sort and select on how many clinics, how many matches, how many diners, etc.
-I want to be able to send an email to the people attending the diner only

As it is a one time event, there is no real need to show calendars in the frontend, all I want is to have is a registration page where an invitee can amend his details. And an overview page where a registered user can see who else will be attending.

It would be nice if I can run the page bilingual, in English and Dutch. That can be done in the Joomla part, does it also work for JEvents?

If all of this is possible, can I try it in a test environment without registering as a member? I am perfectly ok in becoming a member if I can achieve the above.

If it is possible, can I use the extra features on any website or is it a member per website? I have the intention of setting up a Joomla environment per event (different customers, different look and feel).

Warm regards,
Henk Boorsma
henk@eventweb.nl
henkboorsma

Postby Geraint » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:28 am

A lot of questions ;)

1. Invitees/Invitations

There are currently 2 Gold member addons for JEvents handling registrations/invitations/reminders (in time they will be merged)

The "Event Invites, Reminders and Attendance Registration" addon (described here http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-club/ ... gistration) covers invites and reminders and very simple registrations. Since the description was written it allows invites to email addresses (and not just to registered site users).

Importing invitees and saving lists of invitees is on the TODO list (has been started but not yet ready)

2. Registration

Apart from the simple registration tool (above) there is also another (far more complex) registration addon which is late stage testing. This would allow you to create extra fields like checkboxes for what the attendee wants to attend, special food requirements etc.

During this late testing phase Silver members can access this download too.

I am planning a demo video but its not ready yet I'm afraid - also I will put together a demo site but its not available yet.

3. Reminders

At the moment the invite system doesn't track the registrations in this system so your reminder emails would go to those who have not "viewed the event description" as opposed to those who have yet to register.

4. Exporting Attendee Lists

I'm half way through this - it should be ready by the end of next week (for system 2)

5. Emailing Attendees

No mechanism for this at present I'm afraid.

6. Displaying event without a calendar

You could create a menu link directly to the event detail with the embedded registration form - with JEvents 1.5.3 you can disable the navigation icons.

7. You can configure the system so that registered users can see the attendee list with either registration system. You may need to make the attendance form only visible to registered users to achieve this

8.Bilingual

JEvents is Joomfish compatible and a translation for version 1.5.2 exists in Dutch.
The addons can be translated but aren't translated into Dutch yet.

9. Membership

Membership gives you full download access so you can use the addons on different clients sites.

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby jlar » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:20 am

PHP version: 5.3.13
Joomla version: 2.5.8 Stable
JEvents 2.2.8 (Compoment, Plug-in & Module)
Web Server software: Apache
Server Operating System: Linux/Mac OS X Version 10.7.5
Database Version: MySQL
I downloaded “JEvents 2.2.8 (Component, Plug-in & Modules) but I cannot view the calendar in my Joomla 2.5.8 Stable website. How can I view the Calendar?

Do I need to download Jevents 2.2 – Calendar Module (mod_jevents_cal_2.2.8 zip), Jevents – Latest Events Module (mod_jevents_latest_2.2.5 zip) and Jevents 2.2 – Legend Module (mod_jevents_legend_2.2.3.zip), JEvents 2.2 –Latest Events Module (mod_jevents_latest_2.2.5.zip), etc. before Jevents 2.2 (com_jevents_2_2.8.zip) will work?

If I download beta-test Jevent 3.0, do I have to delete first Jevents 2.2.8? If so, how do I delete Jevents 2.2.8?

Thanks.

Jlar
jlar

Postby Geraint » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:31 am

Did you create a JEvents menu item and/or enable the modules? did you create some events in JEvents first?

Geraint

p.s. You can install Jevents 3.0 on top of Jevents 2.2 1.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby jlar » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:34 am

Is there a "how-to" or video tutorial to install Jevents 2.2.8 Component Plug-in Module from Joomla, especially also creating JEvents first?
Thanks.
jlar

Postby jlar » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:53 am

I was finally able to install Jevents 2.2.8 CPM.
Thanks. :D
jlar

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)