Pre-Sales

jEvents for Personal Calendar

Feel free to ask questions you might have before purchasing a subscription in here.

Postby lriverstone » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:22 am

Hi I would just like to know if JEvents can achieve what we would like. We would like to each user on our site to have their own calendar (I see there is a plugin for this).

1. Can a user create their own categories? (only viewable by them). Could they also choose from some default ones?

2. On adding an event can it be set so that a user can only add a private event that is automatically approved.

3. We (the site owner) would also like to have a global (public calendar/category) that would also show up on a users calendar (Read only for the users).

Regards,
lriverstone

Postby Tonyp » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:02 am

Hello,

1. Only the Administrator could do this.
2. Yes via the User Specific Plugin
3. You could have public events yes via the User Specific Plugin.

Many thanks
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby lriverstone » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:46 am

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the quick reply. I would just like to confirm:

2. With the User Specific plugin - When the user creates an event they won't have the option to make it a public event. We only want them to be able to create private events.

3. On a users personal calendar we (Admin)can also include pubic events for the user to see but not edit.

Regards
lriverstone

Postby Tonyp » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:32 am

Hello,

2. You can configure the plugin to Force a State when saving. then only allow global Event publishers to publish a public event.

3. Correct.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Pre-Sales