Pre-Sales

Personal, shareable, favorite calendar questions

Feel free to ask questions you might have before purchasing a subscription in here.

Postby threshold » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:07 am

Hello. I have a couple of questions that I could not find the answers to.

Can I set permissions to allow author level to add events to one of the main calendars? Can I set it to require admin approval?

I see 'personal' calendar, but not sure what that means. I would like our members with a level of 'author' to be able to create their own calendar that can either be private to them, or they can invite others to view, but would not be public.

Can a registered user (or even a guest) set a calendar as a favorite? So that is the one they see when they visit the site? I would set calendars by location and people would want to see their location by default

Thanks!
threshold

Postby Geraint » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:31 am

Yes - you can configure JEvents so that event authors cannot publish events. In which case the event admin user (which can be category specific) is notified of new event requiring approval.

The user specific events plugin (silver members) allows your event creators to mark events as public or private.

RSVP Pro (gold member addon) allows event creators to mark events as 'invitee only' and can then send invitations to the users they want to attend.

the locations manager (silver member) allwos you to associate venues/locations with events and show these on a map. Its possible to filter the events displayed to show only those within a certain radius of a given address. At the moment though this cannot be saved as a preference.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby threshold » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:17 pm

One question I forgot, can the calendar be set so the when someone click an event, it shows in a popup rather than going to a new page?
threshold

Postby threshold » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:21 pm

threshold

Postby Tonyp » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:17 pm

Hello Threshold,

Yep it can, with the Event Details Pop-Up plugin.

Thank you for the broken link, I have now fixed it :).

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Pre-Sales