JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Select Location - missing Buttons

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby TopCop » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:29 am

Since I've updated to the latest Version 3 and the latest version of the Location component and plugin I'm missing the select buttons in the edit event option (frontend)

There is a clickable link that works, but I have no buttons like I have for selection people or agenda and minutes.

I've attached a screenshot and I'm not sure if this is a JEvents or a template problem?

Jevents.jpg
Screenshot
Jevents.jpg (20.53 KiB) Viewed 1488 times

TopCop
TopCop
Contributor

Postby Geraint » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:09 am

This is because JEvents 3.0 (and its addons) are moving over to the Bootstrap css/javascript engine for Joomla 3.0.

The core Joomla developers had said they would produce a Joomla 2.5 plugin to do the same but it has not arrived yet :(

I'll add a Joomla version switch in for these buttons for the next version of managed locations
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby TopCop » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:12 am

Great, thanks Geraint!
TopCop
Contributor

Postby TopCop » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:30 pm

Geraint,

I just downloaded and installed V 3.0.3 of Locations. My problem from above is still the same. Should this be fixed with the release of V 3.0.3?
TopCop
Contributor

Postby Geraint » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:19 pm

sorry - I had checked one combination of plugin settings and not the other.

If you enable dynamic searching of locaions while you type and for the create button to appear if you don't get a match it should work.

The next release will cover the other scenarios too!
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby sonnenlanze » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:59 pm

I'd appreciate that very much, too!
:)
Kind regards,
Vanessa
sonnenlanze

Postby TopCop » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:04 pm

Geraint,

for me it works (shows buttons) if I disable dynamic searching of locations.

As soon as I enable dynamic searching of locations I do not get buttons (as shown in the screenshot above).

This goes for Joomla 2.5.9, JEvents 3.07 and Locations 3.0.3

By the way, if I enable dynamic searching of locations and I create a new event in the frontend I get this message in a popup when I type letters into the location input field:
---
TypeError: window.parent.setMapIcons is not a function
---

If I click the OK button of this msg box I get matching results anyway.
TopCop
Contributor

Postby Geraint » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:13 am

thanks Volkmar - I picked up the setMapIcons alert yesterday too (fixed in the next release).
Geraint

Postby powwowtime » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:49 am

Geraint wrote:sorry - I had checked one combination of plugin settings and not the other.

If you enable dynamic searching of locaions while you type and for the create button to appear if you don't get a match it should work.

The next release will cover the other scenarios too!

These settings are found in the Managed Locations *plugin*, right?
powwowtime
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:35 am

Correct - although in the next release (out later today) we will merge all the parameters into the component config to make life a bit easier.
Geraint

Next

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)