JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Need to check category id + Czech locale/SEF problems

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby pethr » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:37 am

Hi, I need to set absolute URLs based on category for events – is there a function I can call that contains categid? Example:
if (categid == 3) {
$link = 'http://sub1.domain.com/' . $url;
} else {
$link = 'http://sub2.domain.com/' . $url;
}

I would appreciate any help as I cannot figure this out.

Another problem is support for languages which change month name form based on context – f.e. Czech:
January 2013 - Leden 2013 (displayed in Calendar)
23. January 2013 – 23. ledna 2013 (displayed in event detail)

As you can see the capitalization and especially the month name changes which seems impossible to accomodate with current language file structure. I made it work using short month format for the latter and changing short month forms in Joomla global language file (short month is not commonly used in Czech) but it does not seem to be the best way to do that. Also JEvent language files needed updating - is there a place I can submit it? The fields without translation in Admin displayed property name instead - should not they fall back to English by default when there is no translation available?

Third, when I set mod_jevents_latest to display three categories I get all the categids in the URL ("/75|76|77/") and when I start from calendar which has its menu item I get "/-/" in event URLs instead – is that intended behaviour? Seems rather odd in both cases and creates duplicated content. Am I missing something?

Best,
Petr
--
Jevents v 3.0.3
pethr

Postby Tonyp » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:27 am

Hello Pethr,

To get the category ID it depends where you are trying to find it?

You can get it from the url with Joomla's! post/get:
http://docs.joomla.org/Retrieving_and_F ... st::getVar

Where are you trying to achieve this? It's always a good idea to use a debugger and set a break point where you want to get the category id. Then you can see what variables are already set and what you can use.

In refference to the start/end, that is actually caused by PHP I believe? Lets just check what Geraint has to say.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:39 am

You clearly know some PHP - can you experiment with strftime in Czech? Is it capable of handling the capitalisation of the month name? If so in which formats?

My native language is Welsh and we have an even more complex language problem with numbers. For example
1 year = 1 blwyddyn
2 years = 2 flynedd
3 years = 3 blynedd
4 years = 4 blynedd
5 years = 5 mlynedd
etc.

Welsh web users have had to learn to live with gramatical errors since almost no web application/website handles this subtely correctly :(
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)