JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Add events is not working?  Topic is solved

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby brononi » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:22 am

Hey,

I'm running JEvents v3.0.1 Stable on a Joomla! 3.0.2 Stable installation. This is on a local linux server...

At first, everything is running great. Except that i can't add events.
When i click 'save' or 'apply', nothing happens. A cancel is working.
I've tried this with chrome, firefox and IE. So I don't think it's a browser issue.

Any thoughts?
brononi
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:27 am

Try one of the core Joomla templates.

Its possible you have a template or a module that is loading a the jQuery javascript library but not putting it in no-conflict mode
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby brononi » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:38 am

I'm using a Gantry template. I've just changed it to the default 'Beez3' for the front, and 'Hathor' for the backend. But this has the same result.
I can't add anything in the backend.

Or should i really disable/remove the template? :(
brononi
Gold Members

Postby brononi » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:51 am

I've disabled everything in the extension part with the name of Gantry. But this didn't change a lot.
So only thing left is remove it? :oops:

Maybe another strange thing i've seen is that when you select a date, the popup won't go away. Only with the cancel, it dissapear...
brononi
Gold Members

Postby itsme » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:55 am

I have the same Problem. Installed JEvents today. If I want to insert a date, the popup calender comes up and it's not possible to close it. Only cancel of the whole entry works. I working on a local system with xampp. Template is Joomspirit 18 with Ari Slider. I have also installes breezingforms.
itsme

Postby Geraint » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:51 pm

Sorry guys I found the problem. It only affects Joomla 3.0 and was caused by a recent change in the Joomla Mootools javascript library - one element in the date parsing scripts is now 'private' so the edit event script was failing to parse the date fields correctly.

I will upload version 3.0.2 in the next few minuntes which will resolve this problem

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby brononi » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:00 pm

I can confirm. Seems much better now. It's possible to add events, the popup calendar works better...

I'll see if I can find any other issue... ;)

Thanks!

and btw, great tool!!!
brononi
Gold Members

Postby itsme » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:51 pm

Yes, it works. Phantastic tool.

Problems if you work with JCE Editor. Could be a problem of the Editor.

Problems with JEvents layouts if you work with module latest and calender. Layout for latest depens on calender layout. If set to global the ext layout in module calender don't work. The other teplates are ok.
itsme

Postby austega » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:00 am

My problem is similar, but still unresolved.

Am using JEv 3.02 stable on J 3.02 with default Protostar template, and am unable to save or apply an edit or new event in the Front End using Chrome. No problems with backend in Chrome or front end in FF or IE.

In Chrome front-end, date popup window and save confirm popup windows (see attached) work fine, as does the Cancel button but the Save or Apply fails/does nothing. No returned errors.

Have JCE 2.3.1 installed, also Akeeba Backup and AdminTools. Tried installing jQuery Easy plugin with default settings - did not help.

Any ideas or suggestions as to way forward?
Attachments
130116 Jevents Chrome Frontend Save problem Capture.PNG
130116 Jevents Chrome Frontend Save problem Capture.PNG (45.54 KiB) Viewed 1913 times
austega
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:13 am

Hello,

Can you please try with the standard Joomla! Template?

Any errors?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Next

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)