JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Jevents Inop? Not sure what is wrong....

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby zipzit » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:37 pm

I'm attempting to put together a web site for a sports team. One of the contents we'd like to add is the practice & race schedule. Right now, the calendar is kept on a public access calendar.yahoo.com/#TEAMNAME I'm hoping to use jEvents to make a consistent appearance web site.

I'm using Joomla! 3.0.2 Stable, php 5.3.14 on a godaddy server. Using JEvents 3.0.4 ... At one point I had JEvents 3.0.1 installed, but I removed it and reinstalled 3.0.4 (its not clear if I did this right. Now I can NOT see JEvents in the Plug-in or Module manager. I can see the six JEvents components within the Extension Manager:Manager Menu. I can also see the Components pulldown JEvent selection fine.)

I'm having a terrible time with JEvents.
1) When I'm in /administrator backend, the manager calendar selection I've created a couple of test calendars. I'm getting weird responses in this screen. when I try to delete a test calendar, I get a popup that says "Please first make a selection from the list" even though I have one check box selected in the first column. I can publish and unpublish using the buttons on each line but I can't delete anything.
2) I can't see anything on a front end calendar page. When I click there (URL) http://www.ss2racing.com/index.php/prac ... 13/01/25/- I get a white screen Joomla error 404 - Category not found Debug stuff:

Call stack
# Function Location
1 JSite->dispatch() /home/content/x/x/x/xxxx/html/index.php:52
2 JComponentHelper::renderComponent() /home/content/x/x/x/xxxx/html/includes/application.php:205
3 JComponentHelper::executeComponent() /home/content/x/x/x/xxxx/html/libraries/legacy/component/helper.php:339
4 require_once() /home/content/x/x/x/xxxx/html/libraries/legacy/component/helper.php:359
5 JControllerLegacy->execute() /home/content/x/x/x/xxxx/html/components/com_content/content.php:16
6 ContentController->display() /home/content/x/x/x/xxxx/html/libraries/legacy/controller/legacy.php:722
7 JControllerLegacy->display() /home/content/x/x/x/xxxx/html/components/com_content/controller.php:77
8 ContentViewCategory->display() /home/content/x/x/x/xxxx/html/libraries/legacy/controller/legacy.php:685
9 JError::raiseError() /home/content/x/x/x/xxxx/html/components/com_content/views/category/view.html.php:60
10 JError::raise() /home/content/x/x/x/xxxx/html/libraries/legacy/error/error.php:242

I'm trying to figure this one out, but it just doesn't seem right. Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance to all, zip...
zipzit

Postby zipzit » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:49 am

Apparently I'm having search engine friendly (SEF)/ URL rewrite issues, likely related to my .htaccess stuff. Its going to take awhile to figure this out. I don't think the inop condition is a result of the JEvents component.. Stay tuned.

ref: http://docs.joomla.org/Enabling_Search_ ... EF%29_URLs
zipzit

Postby Tonyp » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:47 am

Hello,

1. So do you see JEvents in the backend for access?

Can you copy/paste the support forum version information?

2. You just need to rename htaccess.txt to: .htaccess

This uses Apache to generate nice urls.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby zipzit » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:20 am

1) Access to JEvents in backend? Yes, top menu --> components--> JEvents (url = website.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_jevents )

1b) Support forum version info? Are you talking about "The Joomla Forum Post Assistant" at URL http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=621&t=582860 ?? Haven't done that yet..

2) Did the htaccess rename.. now web site works okay in both SEF and long URL category callout method... Aha... I didn't realize there was a setting in JEvents for SEF renaming as well. All done, calendar is fully visible in both SEF and long URL methods.

I'm still dinking with this.. My biggest concern is how to update the data. Yahoo Calendar must remain master (old dog, new tricks issue with the person who keeps the calendar...) this is just a mirror to make the site look consistent. I saw the notes on Chron jobs, but that's for a different thread.

And Tony.. isn't it pretty late for you in the Isle of Man? when do you sleep?

--zip (Las Vegas, Nevada, USA... where nobody ever sleeps at night...)
zipzit

Postby Tonyp » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:42 am

1.b No, see:
Code: Select all
When requesting support, please copy and paste the 'Version information for Support Forum' from the JEvents Control Panel into your post. If you cannot see this, please enable JEvents project news within it's configuration.

2. Good to hear.

3. You will want to create a new calendar via URL in JEvents -> Calendars. Then select via url and input the Yahoo calendar ICAL Url. You will need to setup a cron for this to update automatically. Please see:

http://www.jevents.net/jevents-15-topme ... -and-icals

Ahh it's early :) 08.41 now.. so not too bad... I wish I knew what sleep was ;).

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)