Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

1 User Can't access Backend  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby libraent » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:55 pm

I have 1 user that cannot see the jevents component in the backend. The weird thing is he can see everything else. I think it got screwed up when I turned on "user authorization" then turned it back off. I even tried deleting him from that list then adding him back in. Any clue? This is driving me nuts! LOL

Thanks

Shane
libraent

Postby carcam » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:55 pm

Is that user a superadmin or similar? Can you provide more info about your user groups scheme and permissions? Also which Joomla! and JEvents version are we speaking about?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby libraent » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:48 pm

joomla 2.5.9, jevents v2.2.8, have him setup as an authorized user (but thats "off"), He is a Manager. Using only default joomla groups except one that I added called "Board".
libraent

Postby Tonyp » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:44 pm

Look under Jevents->Configuration->Permissions.

Then look at the manager usergroup, can you check that access is enabled?
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby libraent » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:31 am

It was. Still nothing, I tried turing the user authorization back on (there are only 3 of us that edit events), even with him in there and it on, he still cannot access the componenet in the backend.
libraent

Postby Tonyp » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:39 am

Hello,

This must be down to how you have setup the ALC i'm afraid.

Is his usergroup definitely set to Access Administration Interface - Yes?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby libraent » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:27 am

I gave up, yes "Access Administration Interface - Yes" was set, I'm just going to make him a super user and be done with it. LOL
libraent

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)