Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Repeats at different times

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby rianwouters » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:17 am

I have a number of event types that recur at different times. However it looks like there is a basic principle in JEvents that an event cannot have different times.

However, this makes it very hard to list all events of a certain time possibly with different times.

I have thought of 2 options:
1. Create a category for each of them. This is quite cumbersome for me as I have a large number of events.

(What could help is to be able to apply my existing content categories.)

2. use the seach url to list events with a certain keyword. However this option requires a mapping from event type to seach keyword and gives me a seach results page iso a date range event list.

Any ideas?
rianwouters

Postby Geraint » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:20 pm

Click the repeats icon in the list of evnets in the backend and edit the repeats you want to change or in the frontend navigate to the repeat you want to change and edit it using the pencil icon.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby rianwouters » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:59 pm

Sure, I can change individual repeats
but suppose I have an event the repeats every tuesday and friday 10h-12h 14h-16h and 18h-20h indefinitely.
Then I do need three separate events right?
I would like to have one event with repeats for each occurence.
In addition, even then would there be a query to return all repeats given the event I.

What I want is for a workshop to present all dates and times it has been scheduled inline in the article.
rianwouters

Postby Geraint » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:14 pm

Yes - you will need 3 separate events.

there is a club member addon that allows you to show 'matching events' within an event detail view so that you could link the 3 different daily times together based on event title.

For your article summary you could use the latest events module and set it to show all repeats and use the joomla loadposition content plugin
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby rianwouters » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:53 pm

Thanks.
It's looks more a more natural model to have event details that have an arbitrary set of repeating datetimes.
I also realize though that this would require quite some refactoring also in the UI.

As I said, having the possibility to reuse the content categories would be a workable compromise.
rianwouters

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)