Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

How can I have one calendar per user ?

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby saint42 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:22 am

Hi ,

Let's say that I have 4 calendars A , B , C and D
And 3 users.

All users have to have access to calendar A, but then each user has only access to his own calendar on the top of that (B or C or D)

I tried to do that without success tonight.

if I select the option USER PERMISSIONS , then in the permission I do not see all the users I have in joomla in the dropdown box

can someone give me a hint on how to do that ?

thank you
saint42

Postby Geraint » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:27 am

You could use categories - so that only users in group B can see and add events in category B.

Or there is a silver member addon that allows event creators to create 'private events' that only they can see.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby saint42 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:45 pm

HI ,

I'm thinking about using categories, but I never had to since I bought the component.

I added a couple of users in Joomla database, but then when I go under JEvents / Authorized users / NEW , I only see Admins in the drop down list.

Is there a way to see all Joomla users ?

In JEvents / Configuration / Permissions , I selected YES for Enable User Authorisation.

I believe with this feature activated, then I can chose who can see what , correct ?

The only issue is the logins not appearing in the dropdown list..

Thank you for your help.
saint42

Postby Geraint » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:31 am

The users must of the right level to appear in the list - set the Joomla permissions on the permissions tab for event creators and then they will appear in the list of possible authorised users.

authorised user mode will be used but the list of available users are those that otherwise would be able tp create events
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)