Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Events did´nt follow the migration  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Jessnet » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:16 pm

The creators ID´s in the database table and in the J2.5 users are the same.

I haven´t change anything. Just made a jupgrade migration from J1.5 to J2.5 by following a tutorial for it.
Right after that I started the Jevent migration as the first thing because it is the most important extension on the site.
Jessnet
Silver Members

Postby Tonyp » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:43 pm

And to confirm you do have future events? have you selected to show events in the past?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Jessnet » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:27 am

Yes, I have future events and have selected to show past events.

If it could help, I can get you a temporary access to look at it directly.
Just PM me in that case.
Jessnet
Silver Members

Postby Jessnet » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:23 am

Just noticed that the ID´s for the categories is the same in the database table for J1.5 and J2.5 but different in the J2.5 backend.

Can that be the reason and how to fix it?
Jessnet
Silver Members

Postby Tonyp » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:14 pm

Hello,

They should be the same or our script should update it all acordingly.

I'm not sure of the problem. But the script has always worked so cannot see there being an error all of a sudden.

Can you try a new j2.5 install/upgrade install JEvents and remove the tables as per the docs.

Then in your 1.5 site make sure to upgrade to JEvents 2.2.8 then migrate the data.

Does it work now?

Regards
Tony
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby elfuso » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:36 pm

I have nearly the same problem:
jevents 2.28 is installed on joomla 1.5 and on joomla 2.5;
on localhost the migration tool has run successfully, all events are to be seen in the "jupgrade-installation";
but when I transfer the new database tables to the "life-server" by using the export-import feature of phpmyadmin, there are no events in the ical-manager. There are entries in j25_jevents_vevent.
The creators ID´s in the database table and in the J2.5 users are the same.
What went wrong???
elfuso

Postby carcam » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:22 am

Hi elfuso,
in Joomla! 2.5 you cannot simply export databases when categories are involved as the new category hierarchy is designed to be more efficient and is not as simple as a link between tables.

Is there a reason that prevents you to migrate the whole database from your localhost? I think it might be the easiest move.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby Jessnet » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:38 am

Well, now it´s fixed and the problem was that I missunderstand the migration tutorial.

No 2 in the tutorial says:
..., remove all the Joomla 2.5 jevents tables:
j25_jevents_categories
j25_jevents_exception
j25_jevents_icsfile
j25_jevents_repbyday
j25_jevents_repetition
j25_jevents_rrule
j25_jevents_vevdetail
j25_jevents_vevent
j25_jev_defaults
j25_jev_users

I removed ALL LISTED tables but leaved the j25_jevents_catmap beacuse it wasn´t in the list :oops:

When I now removed ALL jevent tables the migration workes perfect.

Sorry I have troubled you, and thank you for your patient with an ignorant like me :roll:
Jessnet
Silver Members

Postby Tonyp » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:17 am

Ahh glad to hear. I will add catmap to the list.

Thank you.
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby gzip » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:01 am

I'm having the same problem, except I tried twice and made sure that I removed ALL of the tales and got the same thing. The categories and users were imported but the events just won't show up I can see them in the j25_jevents_vevdetail table, but they won't show up in the admin panel. I also am unable to save new events (I'd consider pasting them in manually at this point if this worked). Saving appears to work but when I check back they aren't there - and the new ones do not appear to make it into the database. Pulling my hair out! -- This is a migration from 1.5.22 to 2.5. Since the updated Jevents plugin does not display properly in 1.5.22 we're eventless until I can get this fixed. Thanks for any suggestions.
gzip

PreviousNext

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)