Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Sorry - This item may have been updated while you have been

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby PeterHBrooks » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:17 pm

"Sorry - This item may have been updated while you have been viewing the webpage. Please try again"

I get this message when I click on the latest events module link and it only shows the Events Calendar for the current month.
I had upgraded Joomla to 2.5 and re-installed JEvents.

I tested JEvents on a test Joomla site and it works fine.
This is the URL that is sent after the link URL fails.
index.php/component/jevents/month.calendar/2013/01/23/-.html?Itemid=1

This is the actual link in the Latest events:
http://vra.rogaine.asn.au/index.php/com ... l?Itemid=1

If I create a menu link to the event which displays correctly I get this URL:
/events-72/next-event/trek-berwick/icalrepeat.detail/2013/01/23/1/-/-.html

The strange thing about adding the menu link above is that all links in Latest Events module now go to this event I set up in the menu:
events-72/next-event/trek-berwick/icalrepeat.detail/2013/01/23/1/-/-.html

The site running this is:
http://vra.rogaine.asn.au
PeterHBrooks

Postby Tonyp » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:22 am

Hello,

You need to set a target menu item in the JEvents Module to a public access calendar menu item.

Also, make sure to upgrade to JEvents 3.0.3 if you are still on Joomla! 2.5.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby PeterHBrooks » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:51 pm

Hi Tony, I put up v3. on my test Joomla site and in the Edit Event - Calendar Tab I see 2 checkboxes next to each other, which I suspect is not right. More importantly when the calender pops up and I click on a date I get INVALID CORRECTED popup and the date value is set at NaN-aN-aN.
The Web site is in Australia.
Still looking into your fix.
PeterHBrooks

Postby PeterHBrooks » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:24 pm

V2 latest.
Still having trouble understanding your reply.
"set a target menu item in the JEvents Module" When I look at my modules the only jevent I have is jevents_latest.
All my accesses are Public.
I am wondering what this means: "public access calendar menu item" Do I need to create a Joomla menu item as a calendar?
I reset Joomla menus and no change.
When I hover over the Jevents Latest event I see the link URL change from one to another link, as if it cannot find the first link then throws to a default link.
Hopefully v3 will eventually fix this.
PeterHBrooks

Postby carcam » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:41 am

Hi Peter,
what Tony meant is that you need to create a menu item that displays one of JEvents view. This menu item does not need to be displayed in your menu bar, it can be a so called "hidden menu". After creating it, in the latest events module, you need to choose this menu item as the target menu item.

I hope this makes sense now ;).
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby PeterHBrooks » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:00 am

Thanks Carcam, I have created links in the JEvents latest module. If I put in a menu item as an event, then all links in the Latest events go to the same event. So to temporarily get around this I put a menu link to the yearly calendar - at least when clicking on the correct event from here it works.
The same error message appears at the top of the screen : Sorry - This item may have been updated..

I will try again later on when the bugs in v3 are fixed.
PS I appreciate I must be missing a vital step!
PeterHBrooks

Postby Geraint » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:34 am

did you set the target menu item in the module parameters to point to your new menu item?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby PeterHBrooks » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:28 pm

Yes I set the target menu in the Latest Events module to be one of my menu items. This is when it got interesting. The Joomla Menu item I put there was the menu item that got executed for all links in the Latest Events module.
The pull-down list I select from for the menu showed some items with 3 asterixes before and after the menu title. These were JEvents items.
Obviously I am missing a step.
PeterHBrooks

Postby Tonyp » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:07 am

Are the categories selected in the new menu item? or are they all blank?

Are the categories selected in the module also associated on the menu item?

Are the categories in the module also public-ally visible?
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby PeterHBrooks » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:53 am

In the Jevents Latest module all Event categories were highlighted.
In the previous Joomla version that option was set as Default, with additional categories selected.
In the categories section of the menu item and the JEvents Module it says leave blank for all - however there must be at least 'Default' highlighted, which is what I assume was meant. I have all the event categories highlighted in both the menu and the module.
The access for everything is public.
Happy to let you in to the site for both v2.5 and v3 to see the problem.
PeterHBrooks

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)