Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

"Sorry - This item may have been updated while you ........"  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby voodoorhino » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:42 pm

Hi,

That did seem to fix it, but I would really prefer the calendar only be visible to registered users (I know that I can restrict the content within JEvents itself, but I'd like the whole calendar not accessible rather than showing a blank one to the public). I will keep it this way for now, but is this a bug that is actively being repaired?

Thank You for you suggestion and input.
voodoorhino
Gold Members

Postby voodoorhino » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:22 pm

Hi,

It partially worked. When I set the related menu item to public everything that was there worked. But when new items were added the problem came back, so now all events after switching the menu item to public are kicking back the error, but the ones prior are working fine.
voodoorhino
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:35 am

Hello,

If you want the calendar for registered users, set the categories for registered.

Then, and set all menu items for registered.

That should work.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby voodoorhino » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:12 pm

I currently still have the menu item set to public and all of the categories and events set to their appropriate access level. When I set the menu item to public it seemed to fix the issue, however all items created after doing that now have the same initial problem and return the "Sorry - This item may have been updated while you have been viewing the webpage. Please try again" error when trying to edit an event.

Going in a re-saving the menu item did not resolve this, nor did re-installing the missing events plug-in.

voodoorhino wrote:Hi,

It partially worked. When I set the related menu item to public everything that was there worked. But when new items were added the problem came back, so now all events after switching the menu item to public are kicking back the error, but the ones prior are working fine.
voodoorhino
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:02 pm

Can you access the events in the backend?

Can you check the url? is it pointing to a menu item which is restricted?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby voodoorhino » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:48 pm

This issue was happening in the backend (I usually forget that I can even make edits through the front). When I would click on on event in the backend it would kick me to the JEvents control panel and display the error.

OK. This issue has been solved. The client had been editing events and had created new categories. When he created all of his new categories he unpublished the old ones (which I did not know). This error occurred when we attempted to enter an event that is in an unpublished category. Luckily he did not delete the categories or we would have had to re-create everything and clear the db since we couldn't delete the events either.
Once we re-published all of the categories we could go in and change the events to the new correct category. After this was done all of the old categories could be unpublished and deleted.

I would recommend that you not make the category a complete roadblock in the system. If a category is unpublished or deleted users still need to be able to enter the events to edit them, delete them or move them to the new category. If a category is unpublished, the event should also be unpublished, but still accessible for editing.

Thank You for all of the suggestions that helped to work out where the issue was really coming from.
voodoorhino
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:02 am

These are good points - I am looking into them today
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby voodoorhino » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:28 pm

That is great. Thanks.
voodoorhino
Gold Members

Postby milesreid » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:59 am

I had this very same problem, and at last I found that it was caused by Jevents adding &filter_reset=1 to the URL in the latest Events module. The URL was then changing to the Month Calendar. NB using Iconic layout

For me, the problem was solved by going to the Options Tab in the module, and changing the "Ignore JEvents Filter Module" property to "No"

This seemed rather counter-intuitive, but it worked!
Hope this helps
Miles

Code: Select all
PHP Version : 5.3.28
MySQL Version : 5.5.38
Joomla : 3.1.1
component_com_jevents : 3.1.30
module_mod_jevents_cal : 3.1.30
module_mod_jevents_custom : 3.1.30
module_mod_jevents_filter : 3.1.30
module_mod_jevents_latest : 3.1.30
module_mod_jevents_legend : 3.1.30
module_mod_jevents_switchview : 3.1.30
layout_extplus : 3.1.5
layout_iconic : 3.3.4
layout_ruthin : 3.1.5
plugin_finder_jevents : 3.1.30 (not enabled)
plugin_jevents_jevcustomfields : 3.1.17
plugin_jevents_jevfiles : 3.0.10
plugin_jevents_jevmetatags : 3.0.2
plugin_jevents_jevmissingevent : 3.0.2
plugin_search_eventsearch : 3.1.30
milesreid

Postby Geraint » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:12 pm

Hi Miles

the cause of your problem was probably that the filter module on the page where you tried to view the event was blocking the display of the event you were linking to. Is that possible based on your settings?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Previous

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)