Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Remove created date at top of Latest Events module  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby happyhourindex » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:50 am

Hi,

I am using the Latest Events module but changed the settings to display the most recently created events. I set the module template to Iconic but on the frontend, it shows the created date above each event. This is not in the format string, which is blow:

${title}<br />${eventDate}[!a: - ${endDate(%I:%M%p)}]<br />${category}

Attached is a screenshot with the dates above the titles. Could you help me remove it?
recently_added_events.jpg
recently_added_events.jpg (42.3 KiB) Viewed 436 times

anh
happyhourindex

Postby Geraint » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:12 am

The iconic layout is designed to show a formatted date to the left of the event details. Normally this is the event start date but for recently created events its the event creation date.

It looks as though your site isn't picking up the iconic styling so you could set the module to use the 'default' layout instead and this date field will then not appear.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby happyhourindex » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:25 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

The reason I chose the Iconic template for this module is because it doesn't show the border color on the left side of each event. In the default template's case, it's black. I have another module on the same page for Upcoming Events that displays border colors for the categories of the events. I do not want visitors to be confused by the border colors between the two modules.

Is there a way to remove the border color for the recently created events? Iconic doesn't have that but it has that created date at the top.

anh
happyhourindex

Postby Tonyp » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:00 pm

Hello anh,

Try the others like Alternative? ext?

Otherwise just inspect with Firefox and Firebug and find the class, apply a border-left: none !important; to it and place it in your template.css file in your Joomla! Template.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby happyhourindex » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:16 pm

Thanks for your help, Tony.

It looks like the Iconic template was displaying the created date from jevdateicon1 and jevdateicon2 classes in the latest.php file. I commented those out and the dates were remove from the front-end.

anh
happyhourindex

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)