Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Overwrite weekly events for 1 day / one time

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby MikeRofon » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:00 pm

Hi!

Sorry my english is not good enough use use you search function effectively.

This example: 1 weekday has 1 event (category 1) from 14.00 to 16.00 and 4 events (category2) from 16.00 to 24.00, and 1 event (category1) from 00.00 to 06.00.
This schedule repeats every week.

Now I want to schedule one special event at these day, from 2pm to 4am the following day. But I can't schedule it because i get message about intersecting events.

These event should overwrite the weekly events, but only from 14.00 to 04.00. From 04.00 to 06.00 JEvents should show the weekly event from category1.

I have tried to use the priority setting, but it doesn't work like i want.

How could I make this?

Regards
Mike
How can I realize this special event in JEvents?
MikeRofon

Postby Tonyp » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:49 am

Hi Mike,

Did you install the event priority plugin? This is only available to silver club members, there is the option built into JEvents to show the pirority field in JEvents but the tooltip states you need the plugin.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby MikeRofon » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:37 pm

No, the event priority plugin is not installed. And I never had a silver membership.

Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.8
component_com_jevents : 2.2.8
module_mod_jevents_cal : 2.2.8
module_mod_jevents_filter : 2.2.0
module_mod_jevents_latest : 2.2.5
module_mod_jevents_legend : 2.2.3
plugin_editors_jce : 2.2.8.4

I have found an option in the settings. 5th TAB "Edit Event", option #16 from up "Show field Event priority" and had activate it. From this i had a priority setting in the Event edit mask. But it semms to do nothing.
MikeRofon

Postby Tonyp » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:00 pm

Hello Mike,

It will not do anything without the plugin. If you hover over the option in the backend #16 it will tell you this.

So the answer is you need a Silver Membership to install Plugin.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)