Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

User Profiles

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby egogg » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:22 am

Hi

I just have a quick question before I purchase the silver membership, I was wondering can you link the calendar with K2 profiles rather than JomSocial or Community Builder. My site uses K2 profile pages to display the profiles for group A but not for group B. So basically I have 2 groups I would like group A to be able to add events to a calendar so that group B can see them when logged in, but also need to restrict it that no other member of group A can see the calendar. I'm using Joomla 2.5 with K2.

egogg

Postby Geraint » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:13 pm

Are these Joomla user groups (underneath K2)?

You want the creator (from group A) to see the event but no-one else from group A. I presume that group A users are never part of group B.

Do group B users have any special permissions or privileges e.g. being able to edit the events in group B
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby egogg » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:32 pm

Thanks for your reply

Yes thats right they are Joomla user groups integrated with K2.

And yes Group A are never part of Group B but that are under the same Registered Group heading but the only page they have in common will be the home public page. They will however need to interact with each other through a private mailing system.

Group B don't have any permissions to create or edit anything except filling in some details into a form which they will be able to edit.
egogg

Postby Geraint » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:46 am

There is a silver member plugin ('user specific events') which can make events private within a Joomla user group - currently the code it setup so that you can only select groups of which you are a member when you create an event. But I could show you how to modify the code to extend this to other groups.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)