Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Using Joomla ACL user groups with categories  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby audun » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:29 pm

I'm trying to use Joomla user groups to control who can add, edit and delete events in Jevents categories.

I can't seem to get one group to only create and edit events in just one category, i.e.:

• Group 1 should be able to edit Category 1
  • Group 2 should be able to edit Category 2
  • Etc

I know this can be done with Jevents authorized users, but I'd prefer to use groups if that's possible.

All the groups that should be able to edit in Jevents have admin access and user can log in just fine.

This is my intital setup.

jevents-config.png
General Jevents permissions for a group
jevents-config.png (13.44 KiB) Viewed 2108 times

category-permissions.png
Category permissions for the same group
category-permissions.png (8.5 KiB) Viewed 2108 times

With these permissions I'm getting 403 errors when I click "New" in Jevents or try to edit one of the events in a category I should be able to edit. I am able to edit "my" category, though, for instance change the name of the category itself (and not other categories). If I increase the permissions, for instance give each group "Create Events" permissions in the general Jevents configuration, they can create events in any category.

Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.8
component_com_jevents : 2.2.8
module_mod_jevents_latest : 2.2.5
plugin_editors_jce : 2.3.1
audun

Postby Tonyp » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:08 pm

Hello,

You must set their global permissions higher first, then adjust the categories accordingly.

The system checks the global permissions to see if they can create/edit events and then it goes on to check the category permissions.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby audun » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:50 pm

Thanks for the tip. Seems to work now. :-)

In JEvents configuration->Permissions, all groups have these set to Allow:

• Access Administration Interface
  • Create Events

For each category a group should be allowed to edit, the following permissions are set for that group:

• Create Events
  • Edit Events
  • Publish/Manage Events
  • Delete All Events
  • Edit own events

For each category a group should not be allowed to edit, I set Create Events to Denied (as opposed to Inherit). Everything else is in practice denied for these categories as Create Events is the only permission that is set to Allow globally.
audun

Postby sgriesbach » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:17 am

Jevents v2.2.8
I'm following the guidelines from the previous post, but still don't have desired permissions. Same scenario where UserGroup A should be able to edit/add/delete only events in Category A.

Jevents - Permissions
All groups set to Allow for
Access Admin
Create Events

Jevents - Manage Categories -
For Category A, UserGroup A is set to Allow for all options
All other UserGroups
Create Event set to Deny
Other options inherit to Deny
sgriesbach
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:36 am

Your user groups should not need to access admin since most users can create and manage events in the frontend of Joomla.

The category option you have look right.

Make sure you don't enable authorised user mode in JEvents.

Also you could have problems if Category A is a sub-catetgory of another category with different permissions.

If that doesn't help please send me login details via PM for a user in group A, a user not in group A and a user who can modifiy the access permissions in JEvents. I'll then take a look for you.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby mikaso » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:09 pm

Code: Select all
PHP Version : 5.3.3
MySQL Version : 5.1.61
Joomla : 3.2.0
component_com_jevents : 3.1.14
component_com_jce : 2.3.4.4
module_mod_jevents_cal : 3.1.14
module_mod_jevents_custom : 3.1.14
module_mod_jevents_filter : 3.1.14
module_mod_jevents_latest : 3.1.14
module_mod_jevents_legend : 3.1.14
module_mod_jevents_switchview : 3.1.14
plugin_finder_jevents : 3.1.14 (not enabled)
plugin_search_eventsearch : 3.1.14

I have the same problem. Could you give me a little help?

BR, Miroslav
mikaso

Postby Tonyp » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:46 pm

Hello,

Can you explain in detail your problem exactly? and also then provide screenshots of your permissions setup.

Thanks
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)