Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Uneditable backend

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby omens » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:57 pm

Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.8
component_com_jevents : 2.2.8
plugin_editors_jce : 2.2.9.1

Hi. I'm creating an intranet for our small workplace. I've managed to create a calendar and have a menu item linking to it. I've also managed to make it appear on the home page too.

What I'm after:
- calendar on the front page is uneditable by anybody from the front end
- same calendar from the menu is editable by anybody from the front end

I've managed to ensure the calendar is publically editable but what I need to be able to do is have the same version on the front end that is read-only so it is not accidentally edited.

any suggestions?
omens

Postby Tonyp » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:13 pm

Hello Omens,

Our sincere apologies I have only just noticed your post.

The only way to achieve this really would be to have events set to review i.e. if they are modified or new events they have to be published by an administrator.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby omens » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:53 am

No worries. I've just left it editable on the home page. The idea was to stop people accidentally clicking on the calendar so I thought having a "view only" calendar on the front page would be good. Then anybody could click the calendar button in the menu and go to the editable version.

As it is, it's becoming popular with work colleagues because they don't have to keep bits of paper for reminders and can be accessed from any computer.
omens

Postby Tonyp » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:29 am

Hello Omens,

Ahh ok. Very glad to hear your colleagues are finding it useful :).

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)