Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

The event description is not showing in details

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby smel » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Hi Tony,

Thanks for that. I was wondering what a content plugin could be? Is this any plugin or specific one? How do you differentiate it in Joomla?

Also, if I want to debug the code to see where the problem is, where are the main files located in the Joomla file structure to fetch the event data, modify, and display it?

Thanks,
Sam
smel

Postby Tonyp » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:38 pm

Hi Sam,

Just check your Joomla! plugins. What have you installed..

There is no need to do debugging as there is no BUG in JEvents.

What php version are you on to?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby smel » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:09 pm

Hi Tony,

Thanks for that. My php version is 5.2.17 and Joomla! is 2.5

I disabled everything under the plugin manager and that didn't help either. By debugging I was more meaning to see where exactly the issue is(data fetch, transformation, or render).

Do you think of any other reasons?

Thanks,
Samuel
smel

Postby Tonyp » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:26 am

Hello Samuel,

It is very possible it is a problem with your PHP version as it is now DEPRECATED by PHP.

I would advise upgrading to PHP 5.3.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby smel » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:51 am

Hi Tony,

Thanks for that but I can't control that as the hosting company has a control over it. Can you please enlighten what might have not been included in the deprecated php version so that I can find a workaround in the JEvents code base?

Thanks again,
Samuel
smel

Postby Geraint » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:55 am

5.2.17 should run ok.

Are you using an edited layout in JEvents - try switching this off or make sure that you include the description in your output.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby smel » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:46 pm

Hi Geraint

I am using the events detail layout as it is and the description is in it(as shown in the above posts). If that makes any difference... I have set the layout to be default under the configuration.

I was assuming something else in the configuration section might have been hiding the description but as far as I can tell there is nothing to disable the description.

Thanks,
Samuel
smel

Previous

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)