Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

{{REPEATSUMMARY}} not working

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby chabar » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:16 pm

Hi everybody,

I just tried to post a repeat summary on events' detail pages by adding {{REPEATSUMMARY}} to the details' layout (icalevent.detail_body)...but, instead of a events' repeat summary, I only get the start date/time of first event.

By investigating defaultloadedfromtemplate.php for a solution to this issue, the empty
Code: Select all
"case "{{REPEATSUMMARY}}":

crossed my mind. Isn't there something missing?

Also strange thing (at least for me): If I'm using {{Title Link:TITLE_LINK}} for linking from list view (icalevent.list_row) to the details pages, JEvents redirects to index.php?option=com_jevents&task=icalrepeat.detail - even if there's not repeat defined.

Maybe both "issues" are connected?

Thanks in advance,
Marc

BTW: I'm using JEvents v2.2.8.
chabar

Postby Geraint » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:24 am

chabar wrote: the empty
"case "{{REPEATSUMMARY}}":

crossed my mind. Isn't there something missing?

the case statements cascade down i.e.
            case "{{REPEATSUMMARY}}":
            case "{{STARTDATE}}":
            case "{{ENDDATE}}":
            case "{{STARTTIME}}":
            case "{{ENDTIME}}":
            case "{{ISOSTART}}":
            case "{{ISOEND}}":
            case "{{DURATION}}":
all follow the same rule.

REPEATSUMMARY is the summary of that specific repeat as opposed to a summary of all the separate repeats. f you want to show a summary of the other repeats then you could use the silver jevents club member addon 'matching events summary' which can show a list of other repeats from the same event formatted using the latest events module system.
Also strange thing (at least for me): If I'm using {{Title Link:TITLE_LINK}} for linking from list view (icalevent.list_row) to the details pages, JEvents redirects to index.php?option=com_jevents&task=icalrepeat.detail - even if there's not repeat defined.

A non-repeating event is both an event and a single repeat at the same time to icalrepeat.detail is correct in the code.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby chabar » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:54 pm

..ah, ok. Well, then obviously I misunderstood the REPEATSUMMARY variable...as well as the case statement syntax ;-)

Thanks for the quick reply.

Maybe I'll try the paid membership with my next customer...for the moment I had to do a lot of specific layout adjustments anyway.
chabar

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)