Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Per sales question, what do I need?

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Sphilip » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:58 am

Hello,

Hoping for a little advice.

I am a den leader in a Cub Scout pack. The pack has 5 individuals that act independently from one another and schedule their own weekly meetings. The pack also schedules events. I need a total of 6 calendars.

I'd like one physical calendar users can see, where the 6 different calendars can overlay each other by color coding the different calendars. It would be nice to turn on and off the calendar based on a users selection.

I am also looking for a reminder of upcoming events. I'd like to group my users based on their den and put everyone in the pack. Assign the group to a calendar then send out notification emails of new events as well as upcoming ones. hopefully it would be possible to send a post event email to remind users to upload their event photos. Reminders would go out automatically.

I've been looking at a lot f modules, I'm hoping someone can hel me find a great solution. Maybe it's jevents?

My site is the joomla 2.5.8
Thanks for reading and any help is most appreciated.
Sphilip

Postby Tonyp » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:35 am

Hello,

For the color calendars you would have to use colored categories, so have categories as your events.

Then you can use the filter module to allow users to select the categories/calendars they want to see.

For the upcoming events, you might find the JEvents Acymailing plugin good for that.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:45 pm

Also if you want reminder emails you would need the RSVP Pro (Gold member addon) which would also give you the ability to invite users to events and get them to register (and pay) for events.

There is no automated post event email system at present but I could consider extending the reminders functionality to add a post event message too. It would be useful for course evaluations etc. as well as for your idea of reminding to upload photos etc. Even with without this functionality if you use the event registration functionality you can send bespoke messages out to all attendees.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)