Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Edit events not working  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby tmcwebmaster » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:18 pm

The editing of events has stopped working. Clicking on Modify from the front end or clicking on an event in the back end only produces a simple text message. Here is an example from the back end;

"You are editing an event.
If you change the date settings for this event and save then it will generate a new set of repetitions and delete all existing repeats and exceptions."

This is an example from the front end;

" Save
Apply
Cancel

Edit Event
You are editing an event.
If you change the date settings for this event and save then it will generate a new set of repetitions and delete all existing repeats and exceptions."

This only happens on one site. My other site is fine, so I don't think it is a browser issue.

Here is the information for support forum;
Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.8
component_com_jevents : 2.2.8
module_mod_jevents_cal : 2.2.8
module_mod_jevents_latest : 2.2.5
module_mod_jevents_legend : 2.0.2

Do you have any ideas?

Regards,
David
tmcwebmaster

Postby Tonyp » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:08 pm

Hello David,

does it work ok on the Administrator side?

Do you get any JavaScript messages?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby tmcwebmaster » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:21 pm

Hi Tony,

No, I am the administrator and it is the same whether I log and try to edit an event in from the admin area or from the front.

I don't get any errors in Debug but Firebug gives me the following message;

"The character encoding of the HTML document was not declared. The document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The character encoding of the page must to be declared in the document or in the transfer protocol."

Does that tell you anything?

Regards,
David
tmcwebmaster

Postby Geraint » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:40 am

From the pink section above -
Enable Joomla! Maximum Error Reporting and view the page again, you should now have a more detailed error which will help us to resolve you issue quickly.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby tmcwebmaster » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:13 pm

I'm sorry but I have maximum reporting on and I am not getting any information when I try to edit an event. All that happens is I get a white page with the message I have shown above, no formatting, nothing - just the message.

Regards,
David
tmcwebmaster

Postby Tonyp » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:03 pm

Hi David,

Does this happen in Chrome and Internet Explorer?

Can you check your php.ini for a memory_limit?

if unsure, just create a info.php file in your joomla root containing:

Code: Select all
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

How much is it? Can you check if you have an error file in your Joomla! Directory? does it say anything?

Regards
Tony
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby tmcwebmaster » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:47 pm

Hi Tony,

Yes, this happens in all browsers. In fact, it was notifed to me by our club diary web editor who was suddenly faced with this problem, so it is not just me. I also have jevents on other sites and it does not occur on them.

The php.ini file contains a single line of code "upload_max_filesize = 14M post_max_size = 14M"

I have nowo created an info.php file with your line of code but with no better effect.

There is no error.log in the root directory.

Let me know if you want to see this for yourself and, if you do, please send me a direct email address for me to send you access details.

Regards,
David
tmcwebmaster

Postby Tonyp » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:49 pm

Hello David,

We need the memory_limit = 14M;

I am suspecting you need to increase it? see:

https://my.bluehost.com/cgi/help/php-memory

It might help you.

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby tmcwebmaster » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:23 am

Sorry again but "memory_limit" is 32M in PHP Configuration, both local and master values.

Regards,
David
tmcwebmaster

Postby Geraint » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:47 am

2 things to check.
1. When you get the partial page load view the web page source - the error message could be in a script section that isn't displayed on the screen. If there is nothing there then
2. Check your server error logs (not the Joomla logs) for error messages.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)