Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Can Jevents do the following:

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Atomdesign » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:52 pm

Hello there. I'm building a site which requires a calendar/booking function and I'm wondering if Jevents is the right choice for it.

The site I'm making is for boat tours. These tours happen on specific dates.
As the boats have limited space, I'll need a way to specify a number of seats for each event. Registered users can make a reservation for a selected number of seats. Those reservations need to be verified and confirmed by a site admin before going through completely.

As far as layout goes, I'd like to be able to display events seperately (each in their own div) with a description, picture and number of seats available. Dates one hich no events are happening need not be displayed. Is such a layout available for Jevents?

Also, I would like for there to be an automatic mail going out when certain conditions are met. For example, several days before an event occurs a reminder could go out to everyone signed up for it.

Lastly, and perhaps outside the scope of Jevents itself, I would like a way to purchase credits through the joomla site using the Ideal (dutch) payment system. Those credits would then be used to reserve seats on the boat tours.
I haven't really figured out how exaclty I would like to implement the credit payment method, but I wanted to mention it here regardless.

If the above can be achieved with Jevents, then getting a gold membership or whatever wouldn't be a problem, but I'd hate paying for such a thing only to find out it isn't really what I needed after all.

Well, hope I described it all clearly!
Atomdesign
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:55 pm

Most of what you ask can be done with JEvents and RSVP pro (the gold member event registration addon).

You can setup events/tours on specific dates with specific capacity/space. Visitors can register for these events and you can set this up so that registration are initially "pending approval" of the event creator.

You could take payments directly during the registration process - tying in with Virtuemart (virtuemart.net) to pay for your tickets would allow you to use the payment gateways supported by Virtuemart.

The reminder system can be setup to send email reminders to attendees "x" hours before the event start.

I have implemented a payment based on credits as a special addon for a specific client - it may be possible to adapt this to your needs.

If you find that the club addons don't have the features you need then please ask and we may be able to extend the functionality and if that is not possible you can ask for a refund

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Atomdesign » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:40 pm

Thanks for the info Geraint, sounds like it can do what I need it to. I'll give gold mode a whirl.
Atomdesign
Gold Members

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)