Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Conditional fields et al

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby GreySheep » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi

Probably a question for Geraint.

We are using JEvents for simple event display, and would like to use it for event registration which at present is done by DT Register. Some of our events are quite complex and have nested conditional requirements. How can I find out if JEvents can handle the conditions, options and costs? I have looked at the videos but it doesn't cover the options. I have a written spec for what was used to configure the existing system.

Regards
GreySheep
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:48 pm

Hello Greysheep,

We do offer a boolean condition at present.

You can have a test if you like, I setup a quick test site for a user a week ago and have not removed it yet so you can tryout RSVP Pro if you like.

http://xtech.im/jersvpdemo/administrator/

Username: admin
Password: password

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:19 am

As Tony says we offer boolean (yes/no) conditions e.g. are you a vegetarian? where the yes value offers a choice of vegetarian dishes.

We do offer multi-level conditionality BUT this is based on default values.

Take this scenario:
Field 1 : Yes or No
Field 2 : Yes or No (visible if field 1 is Yes)
Field 3 : Text input field (visible if field 2 is Yes)

If the default option for Field 2 is a YES then Field 3 will be visible even if Field 1 is a NO. But if Field 2 default option is NO then your visitor would need to choose Field 1 (yes) AND then Field 2 (yes) before Field 3 became visible.

hope that makes sense.

the best things to do it to join the club and and try it out - if it doesn't have the functionality you need you can request a refund by sending me a PM.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby IPEwebsitesetup » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:46 am

I found this topic while searching for an answer to conditional fields. Geriant where is the documentation for using these conditional fields? I want to do something like your vegetarian example but cannot find the documentation on how to do so.

Thank you.
IPEwebsitesetup
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:05 am

JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)