Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Help - Viewvbyday/Viewby.... WITH menu module  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby siona » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:42 pm

Hi
Probably someone can help me with this- might be something super simple that I am not doing-excuse my newbiness...
I am using the jevents free version 2.x on a joomla 2.5. On my homepage I have the module calendar showing. There is NO menu link to the component.(as in,my menu does not have any links to calendar views etc)
when of course,i click on an event in the calendar module it opens a page for example...
/component/jevents/eventsbyday/2012/11/16/-?Itemid=1
where the component takes the whole page and of course there is NO MENU as the one I have assigned for the homepage on the left.
Is there a way to do that? to have all other modules assigned to that and other jevents viewby... component pages?
thank you so much!
siona
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:33 pm

Itemid=1 should force Joomla to load the modules from the frontpage.

To get the best control create a JEvents menu item and configure the module to point to this menu item. You can then set the modules you want to display on this page.

If you don't want a visible calendar menu item then create a new menu called "hidden menu" and put the menu item there but DON'T publish the module for the 'hidden menu'
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby siona » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi Geraint
I did that.it worked.thank you so much for your promptly help!
siona
Silver Members

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)