Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Please reinstall global layout?  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby nefm » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:29 am

Hi,

I have downloaded and installed jevents and the calendar module. When I enable the calendar module, on the front end of my website it asks me to reinstall the global layout. I am not sure what it wants me to reinstall. I have reinstalled the jevents component but the error message is still there. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.7
component_com_jevents : 2.2.8
module_mod_jevents_cal : 2.2.0
module_mod_jevents_latest : 2.2.5
module_mod_jevents_legend : 2.2.3
nefm

Postby Geraint » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:48 am

Thanks for pointing this out - can you try version 2.2.8 of the calendar module which I've just uploaded.

If that doesn't help please set the layout to something other than global in your calendar module parameters.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby nefm » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:16 pm

I have installed version 2.2.8 and I no longer have the reinstall error message, however everything is now squished on one side of the module and the display for the weeks on the left side is not correct. I am not sure if this is due to a bug in the code or to a setting I have not adjusted properly. Please see the image below.

Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 6.10.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 6.10.38 AM.png (37.34 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
nefm

Postby Geraint » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:50 pm

Its not picking up the images from the CSS file - view the page source and look for the Last Month and Next Month links you should see the images or the css that should be loaded and then you can investigate why the images are not appearing on your site.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby nefm » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:20 pm

You're right. The images that are being called in the code are not installed on my site. Is there a download where I can get the images? Should I reinstall the module again? Thank you so much for all your help on this.
nefm

Postby Geraint » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:26 pm

Either reinstall the module or copy the files manually from the zip package file.
Geraint

Postby nefm » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:08 am

I tried reinstalling the module, but that didn't help, so I dragged the images from the component zip file and that did the trick. Thank you! :D
nefm

Postby integricom » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:12 am

Hi - I am getting similar error 'Please reinstall global layout' but only when I enable the Custom Layout for 'Location Detail Page'. If I use "default: layout then no error appears.

After some investigation, the error appears immediately before the '{{Upcoming Events:JEVLOC_UPCOMING}}' field. In addition, if I use the Custom Layout then the 'Upcoming Events' list does not have correct colour as per Event Category ... all events are coloured Dark Grey.

Support info here:

PHP Version : 5.3.28
MySQL Version : 5.5.34-cll-lve
Joomla : 3.1.5
component_com_jevents : 3.1.19
component_com_jevlocations : 3.1.1
component_com_jce : 2.3.4.4
module_mod_jevents_cal : 3.1.19
module_mod_jevents_custom : 3.1.19
module_mod_jevents_filter : 3.1.19
module_mod_jevents_latest : 3.1.19
module_mod_jevents_legend : 3.1.19
module_mod_jevents_switchview : 3.1.19
plugin_content_jevlocation_embed : 3.1.1
plugin_finder_jevents : 3.1.19
plugin_jevents_jevcustomfields : 3.1.11
plugin_jevents_jevfiles : 3.0.10
plugin_jevents_jevlocations : 3.1.1
plugin_search_eventsearch : 3.1.19
plugin_search_jevlocsearch : 3.1.1
integricom

Postby Geraint » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:57 am

We will fix this for the next release of the locations managed - in the meantime you should set a specific layout in the 'upcoming events' tab of the config options for the managed locations component.

You should also upgrade Joomla and the managed locations addon - your version of Joomla is very out of date and could leave your site at risk of being backed.
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)