Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Creating a new event  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Greystoke » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:58 am

Hi,

When a user is creating a new Event is it possible for the dropdown box 'Access Level', to be hidden from them.

And have the default for 'Access Level' to be Public.

Thanks
Greystoke

Postby Tonyp » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:20 am

Hello,

Yes it is possible.

Use firefox and firebug to find the class of this, I think its .acccess_field and apply a {display:none}.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:06 am

There is a club member article that describes how to hide different fields in the event editing page - see http://www.jevents.net/jevents-15-topme ... ing-screen
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby taxviper » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:05 am

Hi,

I know this is an older post - but I need to set at default access level, whenever someone makes a new event.

So how do I do that? Have I missed a setting somewhere?

As of now the list shows the groups from my Joomla User Groups, but in a funny order. I have "Public" at the top in the Joomla User Group, but in Jevent Edit it is second and an other group is at the top (and preselected). This causes event to be posted with limited access (level), as some forgets to change this.

Please advise :) (Are this covered by the Club articles above?)

Taxviper
taxviper

Postby Geraint » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:16 am

What version of Joomla and JEvents are you using?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby taxviper » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:29 am

Hi,

Sorry - I use Joomla! 2.5.8 and JEvents 2.2.8.

Regards,

Taxviper
taxviper

Postby Geraint » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:04 pm

The method we use if assetgroups from libraries/joomla/html/html/access.php which uses the ordering variable from your list of access levels.

Please therefore edit your access level list and save the ordering you want.
Geraint

Postby SMagnus » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:50 pm

hello Geraint and Tonyp,
i seach and i get this information of that .accesslevel is the class of level access in edit event page but that come from js and from any template of beez5 of Joomla it is can't removed you can help me to edit my page i need onli hide some itens.....

sorry for make you lost time but i can't pay to get a member.....
ty for u help and your time
SMagnus

Postby SMagnus » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:50 pm

i find is
.accesslevel {
display: none;
}
put that in layout and template to work better
SMagnus

Postby taxviper » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:56 pm

Hi,

And my issue was also fixed by Geraint pointed me in the right direction. I'd overlooked the fact that my JoomlaAccessLevel was listed be alphabetical order and the sort-order was different.

Adjusting the sort-order as wanted (in backend->Users->Access levels) and all is good.

One again - thanks for a great product and support.

Regards,

Taxviper
taxviper

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)