Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Events not visible in backend when created!  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Geraint » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:18 am

When logged in the backend do you see ALL the different categories in the category drop down when viewing the events overview or just the categories for the language you are logged in using?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby padalec » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:52 pm

I can see all the categories in drop down menu (in event manager), but no events.

However, I found a workaround:
1. I created three event categories (each for specific language),
2. All these categories have a parameter language set to ALL
3. Created latest event module with desired category and asign it to desired language.
-----
It seems a bug related to languages because if I create an event category with parameter language set to ENGLISH (UK) - which is the same language as in my administration back end all events are visible in event manager.

Events disappear only if category language is set to language which is different form language in administration back end.

hope it helps
padalec
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:19 am

I'm not seeing this behaviour with JEvents 2.2.7 and Joomla 2.5.7 - are you completely sure you have version 2.2.7 of JEvents since this was a problem in 2.2.6 that was fixed.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby wypaq09 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:25 pm

I had the same problem when I upgraded JEvents to version 2.2.7. Events already created and newly created ones disappeared from the backend but not from the frontend.
I have a multilingual site and my backend is in french.
I tried the workaround suggested by padalec:
I have only one category (DEFAULT), and it was set to English in JEvents 2.2.7. I changed the language setting to All, and now all events are visible both in the backend and the frontend. :mrgreen:
Thank you padalec !!

Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.7
component_com_jevents : 2.2.7
module_mod_jevents_cal : 2.2.0
module_mod_jevents_latest : 2.1.5
module_mod_jevents_legend : 2.1.13
plugin_editors_jce : 2.2.7.2
plugin_search_eventsearch : 2.1.2 (not enabled)
wypaq09

Postby padalec » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:43 pm

Geraint wrote:I'm not seeing this behaviour with JEvents 2.2.7 and Joomla 2.5.7 - are you completely sure you have version 2.2.7 of JEvents since this was a problem in 2.2.6 that was fixed.

Yes I have jevents 2.2.7 and J! 2.5.7... Se attached screenshot!
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (66.21 KiB) Viewed 874 times
padalec
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:30 am

@padalec

Have you enabled multi-category events? If so try disabling this option - do the events reappear?
Geraint

Postby Chabo » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:13 pm

No Geraint, I have same problem and I didn't have multi-category enable.

But now, I just activate this function, same issue.

Just let you know!

Edit: But I just realize my English element are working good. Only my french one are not working.

English is my default language by the way. So I guess it's an issue with the second language.

EDIT 2: Ok I change the language of my event and switch again to French, still not working.

So the issue cannot be resolved at the moment. Every second language are not gonna show up in the backend.

So, Ill give a look of the backend component to try to figured this out if I have the time today.

Regards,
Mathieu
Chabo
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:06 am

Hi Mathieu

Can you upgrade to JEvents 2.2.8 - does this resolve the issue?
Geraint

Postby Chabo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:27 pm

Excellent Geraint, thank again. Good job like always!
Chabo
Gold Members

Postby buttman » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:01 pm

Hello,

Unfortunately I have to reanimate this topic. I've installed fresh Joomla 1.5.7. and Jevents 2.2.8. Then I created 20 categories and started creating events. Created around 50 - all good. Created another nearly 50 - and nearly all the events are gone in the backend. There is only one event - the very first one I've ever created. When I try to change categories from drop-down list, there is always only one event - first created for that very category.

I tried to upgrade to Jevents 3.0 beta - no success, still no events in the backend. Help...

UPDATE: I've also noticed that in the backend disappeared dropdown menu 'Hide past events'. Looks like my case is pretty much like this one: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=16050&hilit=hide+past+events

Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.7
component_com_jevents : 2.2.8
module_mod_jevents_cal : 2.2.8
module_mod_jevents_filter : 2.2.0
module_mod_jevents_latest : 2.2.5
module_mod_jevents_legend : 2.2.3
module_mod_jevents_switchview : 1.5.5 b1770
plugin_editors_jce : 2.2.8.4
plugin_finder_jevents : 3.0.0 beta 2
plugin_search_eventsearch : 2.2.0
buttman