Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Jevents migration script wont work: Invalid argument error  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Geraint » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:33 am

The migration script is assuming that all the addon tables have been created on the new site (in your case you haven't created any new locations using custom fields) so the custom fields table was not created.

You can work around whit by changing line 304 of the upgrade script to read:
Code: Select all
$this->db_new->setQuery("DROP TABLE IF EXISTS " . $newtable);

I'll update the migration script to take this change into account

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby crowd » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:12 am

Hi Tonyp,
no, this table doesn't exist in the 2.5 database.

I tried following:
I deleted the table jos_jev_customfields3 in the 1.5 database, to see what happens. And tried again.

Now I've got the nearly the same error results - only difference: Now it's concerning to a different table:

500 - JDatabaseMySQLi::query: 1051 - Unknown table 'jomkas_jev_defaults' SQL=DROP TABLE jomkas_jev_defaults

But there are definitely no Jevents tables in the 2.5 datbase.

Hope this information helps to solve the problem.

regards Oliver
crowd

Postby Geraint » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:26 am

Oliver - see my reply.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby crowd » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:43 am

Hi Geraint,
thanks for your reply.
I changed line 304 in the migration script and tried again.

Now I've got the following error message:
500 - JDatabaseMySQLi::query: 1142 - SELECT command denied to user 'd01597ac'@'localhost' for table 'jos_jev_customfields3' SQL=CREATE TABLE d01597ac.jomkas_jev_customfields3 LIKE d015b37c.jos_jev_customfields3

regards Oliver
Attachments
fehlermeldung_upgradejevents_301112.JPG
Error Message after changing line 304
fehlermeldung_upgradejevents_301112.JPG (75.56 KiB) Viewed 257 times
crowd

Postby Geraint » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:02 am

Your sites are setup as 2 separate databases and I'm guessing the permissions are such that your database users can't access the other database.

The migration counts on the same DB user being able to read from the old database and write into the new.

Can you check the access permissions of the DB user of the new site and make sure it has read access to the old database.
Geraint

Postby crowd » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:51 am

Hi Geraint,
I phoned with my web hosting Support.
Unfortunately is not possibly to create a second user for a database. The system allows only one user for one database.
The web hosting support told me, there is a possibility to access to the database as it is defined as an external access by port 3306. Is this an option?
Is there a possibility to run the script by copying first the jevents tables from the old database to the new database?

Thanks in advance, Oliver
crowd

Postby Geraint » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:21 pm

You could clone the old database and install in the new database since the database tables have a new DB prefix jomkas_ vs jos_ then you could run the script all on the new database.
Geraint

Postby crowd » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:10 pm

Hi Geraint,
thanks for your fast reply.
I cloned the 1.5 jevents data base tables, imported them to the new 2.5 database, renamed the prefix of the tables and tried again.

But I still have a permission problem:
Now the error message says: „Must be logged in to Joomla 1.6 site backend as super admin“

But I am logged in as super admin with a active session.
I begin to despair … I hope you have an idea what to do.

Kindly regards from the Taunus Mountains, Germany
crowd

Postby Geraint » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:17 am

Did you change the configuration file of the old site to point to the new database and the cloned tables? You'll need to do that temporarily to run the upgrade script at least since the upgrade script gets the db details from the configuration file of the old site.

If that doesn't help can you (via PM) tell me:
1. the file paths of your Joomla 1.5 and 2.5 sites,
2. how you defined the NEWSITEPATH constant
3. the URL where you are running the upgradejevents script from, and
4. which of the sites you are logged in to the backend of.

I suspect one of the 4 points above are not right.
thanks
Geraint

Previous

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)