Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Jevents migration script wont work: Invalid argument error  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby ws101a » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:36 pm

Hello there,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with my jevents migration. I migrated from Joomla 1.5 to 1.7 using jupdate, and then from 1.7 to 2.5 with the native joomla updater.

I am trying to run the migration script as I have a lot of events on my calendar, but its not having any of it.

When i go to www.mysite.com/upgradejevents.php, it spits out:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mysite/public_html/new/upgradejevents.php on line 132
migrated categories
migrated main tables
updated category references
reset access levels
migrated user permissions

I dont know how to deal with this as Im not deeply technical. I have followed the instructions exactly on the download page. The tables for the two joomla installs are in the same database so its not permissions. My folder is jupgrade, so "define("NEWSITEPATH", "jupgrade");" on line 11 is correct. I am logged into my 2.5 installation as a super admin. I have deleted them empty jevents tables used in the migrated joomla site.

Would massively appreciate any help.

If this fails, is it possible to migrate the tables manually - is there any changes in structure that would make this very time consuming?
ws101a

Postby Tonyp » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:27 pm

Hello,

I suspect that you have error reporting higher than it needs to be..

But according to the results it has completed ok? but has it not?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby ws101a » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:56 pm

Thanks for the reply, Tony.

No, it didnt migrate the old Joomla 1.5 tables over.

The error I mentioned actually only happens if I run updatejevents.php if I haven't deleted the new tables in my Joomla 2.5 installation. The error I get when I have deleted the tables as per the instructions is actually:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mysite/public_html/new/upgradejevents.php on line 132
migrated categories
migrated main tables
updated category references

then there is a Joomla style error page - the table with the red tableheader cell, which says:

500 - Table mysite_dbname.j17_jevents_icsfile' doesn't exist SQL=UPDATE j17_jevents_icsfile set access=access+1

When I go back into jevents on my 2.5 installation, it says "Database Table Setup Was Required" and it has recreated the empty tables.
ws101a

Postby Tonyp » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:00 pm

Hello,

Ok, so you removed all the jev_ tables in you Joomla 2.5 install? you placed the upgradejevents.php in your Joomla 1.5 Directory?

You logged into the administration Area of Joomla 2.5?

Then opened up the upgradejevents.php in a new tab?

And it did not migrate and actually showed the error you are suggesting?
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby ws101a » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi Tony, yes that is correct.
I deleted all 10 jevents tables. There were 8 starting with j17_jevents_..., and 2 starting with j17_jev_...
I was logged into the 2.5 installation as a Super Admin, and I opened upgradejevents.php in a new tab. It then shows the error I mentioned above. The two most informative parts of the error I think are:

500 - Table mysite_dbname.j17_jevents_icsfile' doesn't exist SQL=UPDATE j17_jevents_icsfile set access=access+1

but I don't really understand what they are telling me or how to fix it.

The site I am trying to upgrade is in a sub directory of the domain. My Joomla 1.5 installation is in www.mysite.com/new, and my Joomla 2.5 installation is in www.mysite.com/new/jupgrade. That wouldnt be the cause would it?
ws101a

Postby Tonyp » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Possibly.. Can you try:

/new/jupgrade

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby ws101a » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:50 pm

Hmm...that wasn't it...now its looking in "new" twice. I get:

Warning: require_once(/home/mysite/public_html/new/new/jupgrade/includes/defines.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mysite/public_html/new/upgradejevents.php on line 40

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/mysite/public_html/new/new/jupgrade/includes/defines.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mysite/public_html/new/upgradejevents.php on line 40

I am stumped. Should I try to migrate the tables manually?
ws101a

Postby Geraint » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:30 am

the upgradejevnets script needs to be in the old Joomla 1.5 folder - I think you have it in the joomla 2.5 folder.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby joomlaboy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:39 am

I have the same issue... What was the solution to this problem ?
joomlaboy

Postby Geraint » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:41 am

joomlaboy wrote:I have the same issue... What was the solution to this problem ?

There are many issues described in this thread - please be more specific.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)