Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Last Sunday of every month event - How do I do this?

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby gringo211985 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:58 pm

Hi there,

I'm using Jevents2.0 and I need to set up an event that will take place on the last Sunday of each month. How can I set the event to repeat on the last Sunday of every month?

I have tried setting to repeat by day S then set to week 4 and week 5 but then I have 2 repeats in some months.
gringo211985

Postby Tonyp » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:17 am

Ok well you will need to create two repeats.

The firstly, monthly on the repeats.

Then select the first S, un-select all weeks except week 5 and select count back from end of month.

If you have 2 repeats within a month, rather than creating a new event... the easiest way would be to find out how many extra events you will need, for say in a year an event occurs twice in 3 months then you need 3 extra events. So defined the monthly repeat count to 15.

So that will cover 15 months, but for this scenario we only want 12 months, so view the events in the event manager and click the round star in the repeats column.

Go to the last three and edit them to the dates which you want them in.

Regards
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:13 am

Tonyp wrote:Then select the first S, un-select all weeks except week 5 and select count back from end of month.

Tony this will count back 5 weeks from the end of the week ;) For the last sunday you select 'count back' along with week 1.

There are examples of complex repeating patterns like this here http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-15-to ... umentation and in particular how to get the last saturday in the month http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-15-to ... -the-month
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Tonyp » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:17 am

Thank's Geraint! I just realised that lol and was about to make an amendment :(.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby gringo211985 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:32 am

Hi guys, thanks for the quick replies. I'll have a good look into this before I set it up, at the moment I have set it to only show in the week 5s.
gringo211985

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)