Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Unable to create new events due to TinyMCE Javascript Error

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby ELWebMgr » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:57 am

I'm pretty new to using Joomla and JEvents, so please forgive me if the answer to this question is pretty obvious.

I'm getting the following Javascript error in Firefox whenever I try to create a new event and then click on the SAVE or APPLY button.

Error Message:
tinyMCE.get("jevcontent") is undefined
(my domain...)/administrator/index.php line 567

I have the following setup:
PHP Version = 5.2.17
Web Server: Apache
Joomla Version :1.5.23
JEvents Version: 2.0.10
Browser Version : Firefox 7.0.1

Note: I was able to install JEvents successfully to my Joomla Admin Console and then set up the site so that it displays a small calendar on the home page of the site and larger dedicated calendar on another page. When I first set this up, I was able to create a single test event, but then I moved onto other tasks. Now that I actually want to use the events page, it's not working.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
ELWebMgr

Postby Geraint » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:28 pm

Can you edit and save events in the backend?

Did you enable the Joomla mootools upgrade plugin? If not can you do so and try again.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby ELWebMgr » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:35 pm

Thanks for responding so quickly. I'm not sure how to create or edit events in the backend. Can you point me in the right direction?

I will look for mootools plugin.
ELWebMgr

Postby ELWebMgr » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:34 pm

I downloaded and installed the Mootools Upgrade Plugin from this URL : http://www.jseblod-cck.com/download.html

After enabling the plugin in the Admin Console, I gave Event Creation another try, but it still returns the exact same Javascript Error.
ELWebMgr

Postby ELWebMgr » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:46 pm

Latest update:

I'm assuming that by "edit backend", you were asking if I could go directly into the database tables and make edits.

So, it appears that I can at least edit from the backend. See my steps below.

1. I am using 1and1, so I went to the following URL : https://phpmyadmin.1and1.com/

2. I then went to the table called jos_jevents_vevdetail

3. I clicked the BROWSE tab, and was then able to see the single test event that I had previously created.

4. I then clicked the EDIT button for that entry and was able to change the text in the description for that row and later verify that it was in fact updated on the website.

I'm not sure how to properly create an event in the backend to test whether or not that works.
ELWebMgr

Postby Tonyp » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:50 pm

No by back-end Geraint is referring to the administration part of the Site.

Also Joomla 1.5.23 is included in the core Joomla 1.5.23 package so no need to install an external package.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)