Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Editing events

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby YanKee » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:55 am

Hello,
Sorry for my english...
I configured JEvents for all my users can create and edit events without being logged. To create an event, it works, but to edit, it does not work. JEvents opens the window of different actions, but when I click on "Edit event" he tells me that I do not have rights to create and edit the event. An idea ?
Thank you for your help ...
YanKee

Postby Tonyp » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:05 am

Hello,

You would need to enabled the Authorised Users option and manually add each user to it. Thhis allows better customisation of the users rights. You could download a club plugin called Autouser. Which once set will automatically add the users direct to the Authorised Users for Jevents.

You could also allow them to edit all events... but doubt that is what you are looking for.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby YanKee » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:21 am

Thank you for your answer.
As I understand, without being logged in joomla, a public user can create a public event but can't edited one ? Is that correct ?
I find it a bit strange, because why a public user could create a public event and not to edit one ?
Thank you very much.
YanKee

Postby Tonyp » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:34 am

Well if you think about it. it is not strange.. because if a oublic user could edit an event he woukd be able to edit all events.. now you wouldnt want that!

Also how would you define what events are his when all public people can create events...?
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby YanKee » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:56 am

Ok. I understand very well what you mean.
But in my case (i used joomla for an extranet) all the users should be able to create an event and edit any event without being logged, to add an information in the text area.
Do you know which code i can modify to do this or it's impossible.

Thank you very much.
YanKee

Postby Tonyp » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:05 am

Yes yoy can do that. Disable the authorised user mode. in the jevents config. in the same area go to the permissions tab and select public. when there just select Edit events to allowed.

Thanks

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby YanKee » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:26 am

Thank you but i ever do that and that doesn't works. It works to create but not to edit events.
When i click on the link to edit the event, i have the follewing message "You are not allowed to create or edit events" and he show me another login form. I don't understand why.
YanKee

Postby Tonyp » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:43 am

Can you check the permissions on each category?

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby YanKee » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:38 am

I have ever do this too and it doesn't works.
Really, i don't see the problem...
YanKee

Postby Tonyp » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:08 pm

Ahh this does appear to be a bug. I will point Geraint in the Right Direction for this to provide a fix.

This is a feature barely needed for anyone, so would not have noticed it before.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)