Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

SOLVED - Two Instances Of Latest Events On Same Page

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby BrianD65 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:25 pm

Hi, I wonder how this is possible.
I want to run two instances of the latest events module on the same page - seems strange, but I need to treat the first (current) event differently and display it differently.
ie:
From One Instance, take only 1 (current event) and display it.
From the second instance, take everything else(as per config) and display differently.
I can configure the modules to display both cases - but they cannot be active at the same time - arrrgggh!
I'm getting a 'cannot redeclare class' error - does anyone have any thoughts on how to tackle this one?

Many thanks in advance

BrianD
BrianD65

Postby carcam » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:58 am

Which Joomla! version are you using? I can easily put as many latest events as I want in Joomla! 1.7, and as far as I know, it should be the same for Joomla! 1.5 as the latest events module classes are used by several JEvents addons.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby BrianD65 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:41 pm

Hi,
I'm using 1.7.
I managed to solve it by checking for an instance of the main module class first - problem solved.
BrianD65

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)