Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Error 500 at new install

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby roadrunner » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:46 pm

Hello there,

I'm fighting to install JEvents and running in trouble.
As far as I can see JEvents doesn't generate the neccessary table entries within the database at install:

500 - An error has occurred.

JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1146 - Table 'abbuc2011.zmrv4_jevents_vevdetail' doesn't exist SQL=SHOW COLUMNS FROM `zmrv4_jevents_vevdetail`

There are no JEvents-Tables within the database...

Still using Joomla 1.7.1 and JEvents 2.0.4
Also tried this on J1.7.0 and JEvents 2.0.3

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
roadrunner

Postby Geraint » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:39 pm

Disable the Joomla debug mode.

Code: Select all
SHOW COLUMNS FROM `zmrv4_jevents_vevdetail`

causes Joomla to die instead of returning a blank dataset if debug mode is enabled.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby roadrunner » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:45 pm

Thanks, the database entries are generated now.

But my old problem still exists: After installation and pressing "save and exit" at "administrator/index.php?option=com_jevents&task=params.edit" I only get a white screen (without any content) from "administrator/index.php?option=com_jevents&task=cpanel.cpanel" and the apache process will be killed:

[Mon Oct 03 18:44:41 2011] [notice] child pid 8041 exit signal Segmentationfault (11)

The new entry for jEvents in components is still available, but also only a white page.

This was the reason to activate debug mode.
roadrunner

Postby Geraint » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:24 am

what you want it maximum error reporting not debug mode
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby roadrunner » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:09 am

Hi Geraint,

I have no clue why I can't get any access to JEvents. As I wrote after install I get the first configuration menues. After clicking "save and exit" I only get a white page with no content. Also the apache process is killed.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Sven
roadrunner

Postby Geraint » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:15 pm

This is saving the JEvents parameters?

It could be that your server has security settings set to strictly and that it doesn't like something in the parameters being posted e.g. how many of them there are or some of the actual values.
Geraint

Postby roadrunner » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:42 am

Yes, after install and saving the values I got that white screen.
The values are not stored in database and as described, the apache process is killed.

Actually I have no clue what the reason could be. All other functionalitites, modules are working fine. Every other install is also quite fine and there was never a problem with security settings.
This only happens with Jevents :(

For supporting reasons I upgraded my account ;)
roadrunner

Postby Geraint » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:07 am

Can you send me login details for a user who can install extensions via PM and I'll take a look at your server.
Geraint

Postby Hohenstein » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:43 pm

Hi

I got a very similar error after I installed jevent on my new Joomla 1.7;
I got a plain white screen: http://.../administrator/index.php?opti ... arams.edit

So I couldn't configer any settings. After manually reloading admin interface I have an entry "Jevent" within component menu, but same thing again: white page with this url http://.../administrator/index.php?opti ... arams.edit

I tried at my local xampp server and it worked just fine, so i suggest that my online webserver has a problem?!

any ideas?

thanx a lot
Hohenstein

Postby Geraint » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:07 pm

A white page is either:
1. a php error, or
2. running out of php memory

Enable maximum error reporting in the joomla config - do you now see an error message?

How much memory do you have available to PHP (from php info page)
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)