Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

SOLVED - i cant create new events

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby octane » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:02 pm

I cannot create new events in jevents in the back of my web site but I can in the front side. I get the Error 403

403 - An error has occurred.
ALERTNOTAUTH
octane

Postby octane » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:33 pm

I found the answer in the forums
Thanks anyway
octane

Postby katwomanofsteele » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:10 pm

what's the link to the fix please? I couldn't find it in the forums searching with the term ALERTNOTAUTH but only found this post via searching.

Thank you!
katwomanofsteele

Postby katwomanofsteele » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:16 pm

I figured it out on my own... In configuration panel, you have to add the base admin account as an "Authorized User".

This seems like a bug not a feature. Joomla super admin accounts should be auto enabled as super users by default. Can't believe I was banging my head on this one for so long.
katwomanofsteele

Postby cork » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:11 pm

katwomanofsteele wrote:I figured it out on my own... In configuration panel, you have to add the base admin account as an "Authorized User".

This seems like a bug not a feature. Joomla super admin accounts should be auto enabled as super users by default. Can't believe I was banging my head on this one for so long.

I still can't add events in the frontend or backend. I have enabled all the permissions to every user, but still cannot add events. Is this really the stable version (2.0)? Or does it not work on Joomla 1.7? Is there a demo for Joomla 1.7 so I can see the configurations?

Please help.
cork

Postby carcam » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:21 am

I have tested with a Joomla! 1.7 and JEVents 2.0 out of the box and I am able to create events.

Can you please show us an screenshot of your "Permissions" tab in the JEvents configuration area?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby Tonyp » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:55 am

Once you have enabled 'Authorized Users' Please make sure you ADD Authorized Users.

Goto: Jevents, then select Authorized Users and add them there.

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby reddeer » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:34 am

The weird part about having to go back and add in the Joomla Superuser account as an explicit user with all the permissions enabled was that JEvents 2 did work fine right out of the box with Joomla 1.7, allowing creation of a couple of events.

Nonetheless, adding the Superuser as a user with all permissions enabled did get me back to being able to add events as I happened to be working as Superuser.

I'm guessing that the ability to add events changed after I (as Superuser) added and enabled some new user accounts to test the usual case in which people who add events do not have Superuser permissions. At least this seemed to be the timing of when the 403 displays occurred when trying to create events. At that point I was still able (as Superuser) to create and edit calendars and categories, just not events.

This was on a Windows development system, BTW.

Seems like a really nice extension that deals with iCal so it's probably worth learning a couple of quirks to get so much functionality. Thanks. 8-)
reddeer

Postby ashish » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:58 am

I have JEvents v1.5.0 RC installed on my site and have never had issues adding an event since it was installed over 2 years ago until now.
ashish

Postby Tonyp » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:00 am

Can you upgrade to 1.5.5g many security releases have been done since the rc.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)