Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Adding User Specific Events to member page

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby dwall » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:24 pm

Hi. We are using JEvents on a website that gives information about specific properties. Each member has access to their own details for adding their own properties. With JEvents they can add events for their property. We would like to be able to add their events to their property details page so the public can see these events along with the other property details. If I could get the Events Listing type display on their property details page for their specific property it would be great. Can you tell me is there a way to do this with the main component and if not is there an addon from the club we could use? Thanks!
dwall

Postby Geraint » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:40 pm

If you used the managed location addon for Jevents (silver member addon) you could associate venues/locations with events on the location detail page get a list of upcoming events at that location.

If the location is not global i.e. is owned by a normal user then only they would be able to add events to that location. If its global/shared then everyone can add events to that location.

Does that help?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby exist2011 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:18 pm

Thanks for the reply. There is a property details page with information about a specific property. What we would like to do is display any events for that property on that details page. I tried using the jevu plugin but we're running Joomla 1.6 and the plugin seems to only be for 1.5. Is there a new version of the plugin that works with 1.6? It sounds exactly what we're looking for!! Thanks!
exist2011

Postby Geraint » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:54 am

Just updated it - sorry I hadn't done it before.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)