JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

SOLVED -Help - "com_mailto/helpers/mailto.php" no such file

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby waynek » Sat May 14, 2011 8:03 pm

I have just installed free version 1.55 to evaluate.

Install of com_jevents_155e_b1884, mod_jevents_cal_1.5.5_b1880, mod_jevents_latest_1.5.5e, mod_jevents_legend_1.5.5_b1881 went smoothly.

Created a simple event and menu item with menu type monthly calendar type.

When the menu is activated the error message is:

Warning: require_once(/home2/mysite/public_html/components/com_mailto/helpers/mailto.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/mysite/public_html/components/com_jevents/views/default/helpers/defaultviewhelperheader.php on line 105
'/home2/keane2be/public_html/components/com_mailto/helpers/mailto.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/keane2be/public_html/components/com_jevents/views/default/helpers/defaultviewhelperheader.php on line 105

Why is defaultviewhelperheader.php looking for mailto.php and what should I do to resolve error.

In my Joomla Global configuration, the mailer is set to "PHP Mail Function" and sendmail path is /usr/sbin/sendmail.

Any help to get me up and running here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Warren

PHP 5.2.9
Joomla 1.5.22 stable
Web Server Apache/2.2.17
Database 5.0.92-community
waynek

Postby waynek » Sat May 14, 2011 9:01 pm

I just discovered that my home2/mysite/public_html/components/com_mailto/ folder does not contain a helpers folder so this causes the "file not found" problem.

Why does defaultviewhelperheader.php expect a helpers sub-folder. All other 1.5 components work on my site as expected - is this some kind of version problem?

waynek wrote:I have just installed free version 1.55 to evaluate.

Install of com_jevents_155e_b1884, mod_jevents_cal_1.5.5_b1880, mod_jevents_latest_1.5.5e, mod_jevents_legend_1.5.5_b1881 went smoothly.

Created a simple event and menu item with menu type monthly calendar type.

When the menu is activated the error message is:

Warning: require_once(/home2/mysite/public_html/components/com_mailto/helpers/mailto.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/mysite/public_html/components/com_jevents/views/default/helpers/defaultviewhelperheader.php on line 105
'/home2/keane2be/public_html/components/com_mailto/helpers/mailto.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/keane2be/public_html/components/com_jevents/views/default/helpers/defaultviewhelperheader.php on line 105

Why is defaultviewhelperheader.php looking for mailto.php and what should I do to resolve error.

In my Joomla Global configuration, the mailer is set to "PHP Mail Function" and sendmail path is /usr/sbin/sendmail.

Any help to get me up and running here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Warren

PHP 5.2.9
Joomla 1.5.22 stable
Web Server Apache/2.2.17
Database 5.0.92-community
waynek

Postby Geraint » Sun May 15, 2011 10:06 am

Upgrade to Joomla 1.5.23
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby waynek » Mon May 16, 2011 5:34 am

Geraint wrote:Upgrade to Joomla 1.5.23

Yes, upgrading to 1.5.23 solved the problem, thanks very much!

I will start using the free version now and will consider using the paying version later on.

Thanks for the great support!
waynek

Postby MeanGreen7 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:03 pm

What if you get that error in Joomla 1.6, which is what I have.
MeanGreen7

Postby Tonyp » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:30 pm

Hello MeanGreen7,

You should install Jevents 2 on any systems now really. as this is the latest release.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby carcam » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:46 am

MeanGreen7 wrote:What if you get that error in Joomla 1.6, which is what I have.

I think that versions prior to 1.6.3 experience the same issue.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby MeanGreen7 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:23 am

Actually I do have Joomla 1.6.6 and Jevents 2.0.9. Just still getting the error after upgrading from 1.6.5 to 1.6.6
MeanGreen7

Postby Geraint » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:18 am

Please check what files you have in the folder components/com_mailto/helpers/

The 1.6.6 version of Joomla contains a file called mailto.php in this folder
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby MeanGreen7 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:14 pm

The only folders I have in /public_html/components/com_mailto are a directory called "views", the 4 files: controller.php, index.html, mailto.php and mailto.xml

I do not see a helpers directory or file.
MeanGreen7

Next

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)