JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

large calendar view initially

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby websitewendy » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:18 am

i have searched a bit and only found this post from 2009 and am hoping there have been some modifications to now allow this..
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1833&p=5944&hilit=large+calendar#p5944

i would like to have the larger calendar appear where i post the mod_jevents_cal
see attached screenshot.
i have the main mod and then the latest events mod embedded using custom positions..
is there any way to get a larger calendar like this http://www.jevents.net/images/stories/extblue.jpg to replace that small one ?

thanks in advance.
Attachments
jevents-ss.png
jevents-ss.png (69.67 KiB) Viewed 1863 times
websitewendy

Postby Geraint » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:47 am

That is the main Jevnets component - to do this create a JEvents menu item and choose monthly calendar type.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby websitewendy » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:53 am

thanks so much for the reply,
i have created a page like that, but i need that monthly calendar view in an existing article..
is that possible ?

see new screenshot
the body of the article is structured into 4 quadrants..
i need the calendar (monthly) in the top left, where my screenshot shows.. then below that is the latest events module.. then on the right i have adverts

thanks again for any insight
Attachments
cal-ss.gif
cal-ss.gif (42.95 KiB) Viewed 1856 times
websitewendy

Postby carcam » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:05 pm

There are Joomla! plugins that allow you to include components inside articles, but I can't get your point.

Why don't you simply use the main calendar JEvents view?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby websitewendy » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:23 pm

Hi..
thanks for your reply..
i need more content on the page than just the calendar.
i only want the jevents main component in the left column of an article .. not the whole page.

maybe i just don't know how to do it correctly, but if i create a menu item and point it to the jevents > monthly view .. that whole resulting page is just the calendar ..and i can't add anything else to it.
i would want to re-style the monthly view to be smaller, and put more custom content in the page.

any further ideas welcome.
thanks in advance
websitewendy

Postby websitewendy » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:07 pm

ok i figured out how to put the component in the article.. thanks for recommending that option!
the only issue i have with that, is the appearance.
the layout view options appear to only change the appearance of the subsequent calendar views
see new screenshot.
maybe i just don't understand how the layout changes are applied and need to purchase a new layout to make the initial one different ?
Attachments
jevents-ss3.gif
jevents-ss3.gif (71.4 KiB) Viewed 1836 times
websitewendy

Postby websitewendy » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:11 pm

i am officially a motard.
my apologies for the multiple posts..
i just discovered the primary layout setting i thought i had saved, was not.
i have it figured out now.
issue resolved !
websitewendy

Postby tylerdurden » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:46 am

I wish the person that originally posted this issue replied with the solution to how he actually solved the problem. I have seen about 5 postings on the Internet specifically with this problem and everyone says, "Wow, I figured it out!" without saying how they did it. Ugh...

I'll repeat the question:

How do you create an Joomla article (not a menu Jevent item) and embed an existing, *LARGE* view (not small) Jevent calendar?

Here is what I'm trying to do...

I have around 10 custom groups of registered users that need to be able to login, click a link and get to their large calendar. I am attempting to accomplish this using Metamod. When they login and click on the page, Metamod should serve them the correct Calendar based on their GID. The GID logic works great but the problem is, when I load the Metamod module that calls the Calendar, it always shows the small calendar.

For the record, I have been able to create a jevents menu item and everyone can access it. The problem with the menu solution is that I can't tailor which calendar is targeted to specific groups.

If someone could please help, I would be very grateful, this issue is driving me completely crazy.

Thanks!
tylerdurden

Postby carcam » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:23 am

I think your problem is not the same as the one that is addressed on this post as you need to show specific calendar for specific users.

You will probably need the Silver Addons for restricting calendar and modules for group of users:
http://www.jevents.net/en/downloads/cat ... us-modules

I am not sure, but if you try to limit by categories instead of calendars you might be able to set your scheme, but I have not tested it.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby tylerdurden » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:20 am

Thanks for the info. I have already gotten the calendar showing the correct events for each of the groups, I just can't figure out how to embed a large view calendar into an article...it defaults to the small view.

I would attempt to modify the code if I even knew where to start.

I really want to be able to integrate jevents into my app and replace Google Calendar but I can't seem get it to fit my needs.
tylerdurden

Next

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)