JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Installation Problems

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby Geraint » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:12 am

did you follow the tips in the first post in this topic?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby ibir » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:45 am

Tried to install 154b, com_jevents, mod_jevents_cal, and mod_jevents_lates, through standard Joomla installer, but failed on all. I have write access to all directories.
Then I unpacked with overwrite on respective directories, using cpanel of the site. All files was renewed, but still JEvents Configuration says v1.5.2, and even worse, all my events are "on hold"!?.

Please help!!!
ibir

Postby Geraint » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:52 pm

If Jevents config still says 1.5.2 then you must have failed to copy the files - were there any FTP error messages?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby infotel » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:27 am

Hi everybody
I got any problems installing com_jevents_154b with the standard methods; finally I suceed following the "Possible solution 3 : Install via FTP".
Now I'm able to use the component, but when I go over an event in the monthly calendar, instead of the textual description of the event I got the description in Html tags.

someone could help me?
Thanks

* PHP version 5.2.13
* Joomla! 1.5.17 Stable
* JEvents 1.5.4b
* Web Server Apache
* Database version 5.1.49-community-log
* Web browser and version: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; it; rv:1.9.2.9) Gecko/20100824 Firefox/3.6.9
infotel

Postby Geraint » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:00 am

You mean the popups have raw HTML in them?

If so then you probably have an incompatible version of jQuery being loaded by a module or your template.

Switch this to compatability mode or choose a module/template that uses the official joomla javascript library (mootools) which is what Jevents uses.
Geraint

Postby infotel » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:55 am

Geraint wrote:
Switch this to compatability mode or choose a module/template that uses the official joomla javascript library (mootools) which is what Jevents uses.

thanks Geraint for your reply, just another question: how can I switch jQuery to compatibility mode? I can't consider the suggestion to change my template (generated by Artisteer), so I'm stick with the first one

thanks

PS:I istalled JEvent on another site (that I use for testing) with the same template and features; both the installation and the event details work good
infotel

Postby Geraint » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:21 pm

the module or plugin that is loading it should have a setting to do this.

If it doesn't then you should contact the authors.
Geraint

Postby infotel » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:02 am

thanks Geraint but I don't suceed to understand which module uses jquery and how to find it (if it is so); I've installed the same things in both sites, but one works good (the testing site) and last don't (unfortunately the production site). The modules installed are:
1 mod_custom
2 mod_htmlmap
3 mod_jevents_cal
4 mod_jevents_legend
5 mod_mostread
6 mod_newsflash
7 mod_ninja_shadowbox
8 mod_random_image
9 mod_related_items
10 mod_rokslideshow
11 mod_search
12 mod_stats
13 mod_vvisit_counter
14 mod_wrapper
15 mod_feed
16 mod_latest
17 mod_logged
18 mod_menu
19 mod_popular
20 mod_stats
21 mod_status
22 mod_submenu
23 mod_title
24 mod_archive
25 mod_banners
26 mod_breadcrumbs
27 mod_feed
28 mod_footer
29 mod_latestnews
30 mod_login
31 mod_mainmenu
32 mod_sections
33 mod_syndicate
34 mod_custom
35 mod_footer
36 mod_login
37 mod_online
38 mod_quickicon
39 mod_toolbar
40 mod_unread
infotel

Postby Geraint » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:11 pm

Could be htmlmap or the ninja box - you need to disabled them one at a time to find the culprit.
Geraint

Postby infotel » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:30 pm

Geraint wrote:Could be htmlmap or the ninja box - you need to disabled them one at a time to find the culprit.

thanks again
I'll try immediately
infotel

PreviousNext

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)