1. The import script will create the necessary tables in your Joomla 1.5 installation and will delete any JEvents 1.4 data on your Joomla 1.5 installation. If you want to merge data from your old installation (without loosing new data) see the instructions at the bottom of this message.
2. The script assumes userids have not changed from the old site to the new site.
1. Unzip jeventsmigrator_export.zip and upload to the root of your joomla 1.0.x installation
2. Run the script in your browser e.g. http://www.olddomain.com/jeventsmigrator_export.php and save the file to your local hard disc (do not rename)
3. Remove the script from your joomla 1.0.x installation
1. Unzip jeventsmigrator_import.zip and upload to the root of your joomla 1.5.x installation
2. Upload the eventdata.txt file to the root of your joomla 1.5.x installation (do not change the file name)
3. Run the script in your browser e.g. http://www.newdomain.com/jeventsmigrator_import.php
3. Remove the script and datafile from your joomla 1.5.x installation
Conversion to JEvents 1.5
1. Assuming you have installed JEvents 1.5 already - run the "convert legacy events" script from the JEvents control panel.
Merging imported data with an existing JEvents 1.4 installation on Joomla 1.5
If you want to merge data from an old JEvents installation with a new installation of JEvents 1.4 on Joomla 1.5 (prior to conversion to Joomla 1.5) you should edit the jeventsmigrator_import.php script and remove the lines 125-132 i.e.:
- Code: Select all
$db->setQuery("DELETE FROM #__categories where section='com_events'");
$db->setQuery("DELETE FROM #__events_categories");
$db->setQuery("DELETE FROM #__events");