JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Problems with installing Jevents in joomla 1.5.10

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby easyman » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:27 am

Hi,
i can't get to install the basic Jevets component 1417 on my joomla 1.5.10 because as I upload it (extension/install --> upload files) I constantly get the error message : Component Install: Failed to create directory. in my component directory.

Is this because of the new joomla version which isn't jet compatible with the Jevents or do I have to install a newer version of Jevents that I didn't found?
I changed my rights in component file on 777 so there can't be a problem with writing data in that directory.
easyman

Postby dlb » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:24 pm

You will get more attention for a JEvents 1.5 problem in the 1.5 support forum. :D

There isn't any problem installing SVN1417 on Joomla! 1.5.10, that is the combination that I'm running on two different sites. The error message indicates that the installer couldn't create a folder in your /components directory. You need to change the file permissions in this directory so that it is writable by your httpd user (that's at the computer level, it doesn't have anything to do with your Joomla! login.) Setting permissions to 755 (all rights for owner, read+execute for group and world) is the normal setting. Some server setups need 775 (All rights for owner and group, read+execute for world). Very few require 777, that would be bad. Enabling Joomla!'s ftp layer may allow you to work around this problem. While you are in there changing permissions, you may as well change /administrator/components too, it will probably be the next error you get.

You would get the same error installing any component, the problem isn't limited to JEvents.

Dale

UPDATE: I hate it when that happens! I just spotted your last comment about changing the /components folder. Try /administrator/components.
dlb

Postby Geraint » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:13 pm

This is an annoying problem encountered by hundreds of Joomla users (and is nothing to do with JEvents as I'm sure you realised).

Take a look through some of the posts in :
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=240

Check the permissions in the Joomla system info tab especially the tmp folder.

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)