JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Need help with small template customization

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby CaesarCovi » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:16 am

Hello!

I just re-designed the look of my website and everything fits in just fine EXCEPT for two small problems in JEvents:

1. in the main monthly view, the current day is highlighted, rendering the events on that day hard to read. See here: http://www.shopofmagic.com/index.php/ev ... 12/09/15/-
Any advice on how to change the color of the highlighted day OR how to turn the highlighted day feature off?

2. the 'Latest Events' module on the left hand side of my site behaves in much the same way, adding a white background to the events and rendering them difficult to read.

I am using the alternative layout, which works great for the monthly view (sans the issue for the current day issue above) but the default layout works great for the upcoming events legend... :roll:

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
John Coviello
Owner
Little Shop of Magic, LLC
CaesarCovi

Postby Tonyp » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:43 am

Hello,

You can you Firefox and Firebug to inspect these areas and apply a background-color: #fff !important: to it to override the output color. Add the CSS changes to your sites template.css
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby CaesarCovi » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Tony:

Thanks for the advice - I ended up putzing around with JEvents events_css.css file and managed to get everything looking better within the calendar's main view.

Unfortunatley, I am still having a heck of a time identifying where the latest events module defines its style :cry:

Suggestions?

John Coviello
Owner
CaesarCovi

Postby Tonyp » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:05 pm

Hello,

I hope you followed my advice and applied said changes to your sites template.css otherwise any changes you just made will be lost in the next JEvents upgrade.

I believe that is controlled by different file? Mod style? I'm on my mobile on holiday and can't get an exact reference at present I'm affraid.

Regards
Tony
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby CaesarCovi » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:44 pm

Tony:

To be honest, no, as I'm just keeping this template up for less than a month and then going back to our old template.

I was just trying to make Jevents look a bit better with a dark background but the upcoming events module css is buried somewhere so deep that it's frustrating to deal with.

Wasted nearly two days on this project so far and it's actually got me considering switching calendar systems entirely at this point.

Thanks for trying to help do, I appreciate it but unless I can figure out WHERE this stupid module is getting its layout from I am sunk.

John Coviello
President
CaesarCovi

Postby CaesarCovi » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:41 am

Tony:

You are never going to believe this, it was hiding in components/com_jevents/views/alternative/assets/css/modstyle.css

Took a long time to root out BUT thanks to your suggestion of using Firebug, I was able to finally and eventually track it down.

Thanks for the suggestions and let me know if you ever need a referral!

John Coviello
President
CaesarCovi

Postby Tonyp » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:40 am

Hello,

No problem, we are always very greatful for reviews on JED :)

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... /events/95

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)