JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Plugin for jEvents 1.5 for sh404_SEF

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby microtribe » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:08 pm

@hifi : That's a pretty funny reply. If I knew how the error was caused, I wouldn't be asking for help. And if you want to see messages on the other board, and it requires registration, well then I guess you'll have to register :D

Anyone else have something constructive to contribute?
microtribe

Postby hifi » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:16 pm

microtribe wrote:@hifi : That's a pretty funny reply. If I knew how the error was caused, I wouldn't be asking for help. And if you want to see messages on the other board, and it requires registration, well then I guess you'll have to register :D

Anyone else have something constructive to contribute?

I didn't ask what is causing the error (I can read that it's combination of that one theme and this plugin), but how it's showing up. Error message, DB error, and stuff like that. At my point of view (by reading your message) it seems to be problem with template, because I have couple of pages with different templates, and registration is working just fine.

And actually (when remembered problems that had with some components): What mode the sh404SEF was in? index.php?, index.php or .htaccess?
hifi

Postby microtribe » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:44 am

.htaccess. no error codes - user is promted to login after submitting registration but no registration is submitted.
microtribe

Postby hifi » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:08 am

microtribe wrote:.htaccess. no error codes - user is promted to login after submitting registration but no registration is submitted.

If you user "index.php?" mode, is there same thing?

I tried with ja_purity and one own template that registration, and it worked fine, so this seems little strange.
hifi

Postby momentis » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:38 pm

Thank you SO much for this plugin!

I wanted to say that I am using this with CB and the RT SolarSentinel template and it is working perfectly.

Thanks again!
Rick
momentis
Gold Members

Postby hifi » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:45 pm

momentis wrote:Thank you SO much for this plugin!

I wanted to say that I am using this with CB and the RT SolarSentinel template and it is working perfectly.

Thanks again!
Rick

NIce to hear that it's not breaking (at least) all sites.

Hmm... I think there might be one bug, regarding the pagination. In sh404SEF there's special way to handle virtuemarts pagination when user changes the amount of items in page, but I haven't been abe to locate how it's done. In Phocagallery and (at least) year view in jEvents has same kind of selection possibility. I don't have my dev/test env ready now, so can't check this, but if this is the case there might be some tweaking to do to this plugin.
hifi

Postby six gun » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:00 am

I have put this plugin on three different Joomlart templates and it is sorts the url's into something that are a pleasure to read.
It is a shame it does not appear to work for everyone but this is not the fault - or even the responsibility of the author.
Help has been given to Joomla users for nothing and I am grateful it has helped me, and so are my nephews' swimming club!
six gun

Postby Geraint » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:31 am

I found a few problems with the plugin.

1. It doesn't handle menu links with no categories assigned
2. It doesn;'t deal with URLs with no year/month/day specified properly
3. It doesn't handle category lists at all

I have a tweaked version - I'll upload when I my telco fixes my broadband connectino
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby hifi » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:43 am

Geraint wrote:I found a few problems with the plugin.

1. It doesn't handle menu links with no categories assigned
2. It doesn;'t deal with URLs with no year/month/day specified properly
3. It doesn't handle category lists at all

I have a tweaked version - I'll upload when I my telco fixes my broadband connectino

Thank you, I'll wait for your version and update downloadable in Joomlacode accordingly.

Actually just made my dev env working again, so I'll be able to test things better.
hifi

Postby Geraint » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:56 am

I am attaching my latest version.

I think it needs more work (e.g. the arrow navigation from the event detail page is currently broken). For the core router I always include the year, month and day - it may be a good idea here too?

Geraint

p.s. It may be an idea to edit the first post in this thread to include the link to the language file as well as the extension file.
Attachments
com_jevents.php.zip
(1.94 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

PreviousNext

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)