JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Starttime faulty in detailed view

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby Nukem36 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:24 am

High!

I know this problem from 1.5 alpha2 and didn't find in the forum if it is already solved in 1.5beta3:

When klicking a specific event, the event is shown correctly first, like the following example:

Code: Select all
Vereinsbeiratssitzung     
x
Donnerstag, 12. Februar 2009, 19:30 - 21:30      von  admin
Aufrufe : 37

When clicking "previous day" and again "next day" I'm back on the day of this event, and the start-time is shown as

19:00     * Vereinsbeiratssitzung von  admin

It seems to be a problem in the days overview list!

As you may see, the start-time differs from 19:30 to 19:00!

Is this subject fixed in 1.5alpha3?

Thanks for your help

Nukem36
Nukem36

Postby Geraint » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:57 am

This is not a bug. When you click on "next day" you switch the view to a "day list" which lists the events on that particular day so it will always look different to the event detail.

BTW for beta we have "next repeat" and "previous repeat" links too
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Nukem36 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:47 am

High Geraint!

thanks for your quick response! I did not talk about the look of the date! The look is ok! The starttime differs! All other views on the event - monthly etc. - show 19:30 as correct starttime, but in the daylist 19:00 is shown, that's my problem! It seems as the startime was rounded "down"!?

Thanks and regards !

Nukem36
Nukem36

Postby Geraint » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:56 pm

that is not the start time of the event that is the start of the hour in which the event starts. Try adding another event one the same day at a different time and you'll see what I mean.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Nukem36 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:13 pm

High Geraint!

ok got you. What chance do I have to change that behaviour or make the meaning of this list visible? A lot of peaople in a sportsclub are organizing their dates by jevents and are confused to see 2 times. Some of them informed me that they have been to early joining the meeting and are reacting a litte angry....

Thanks for any suggestions

Nukem36
Nukem36

Postby Geraint » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:55 pm

You could create a custom layout for the day view that includes the start time and put it in your template override.

I'll be posting some instructions for this sort of thing once 1.5 is released.
Geraint

Postby Nukem36 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:32 am

High Geraint!

ok. Another possibility is to change the code manually by myself. Could you thell me which source is responsable for the daylist-view?

By the way: i checked that with version 1.4.3: in this version the list shows the starttimes!

Regards and thanks for your help

Nukem36
Nukem36

Postby Geraint » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:23 pm

change components/com_jevents/view/default/helpers/defaultvieweventrownew.php to read:
<?php
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');

function DefaultViewEventRowNew($view,$row,$args="") {

$cfg = & JEVConfig::getInstance();

$eventlink = $row->viewDetailLink($row->yup(),$row->mup(),$row->dup(),false);
   $eventlink = JRoute::_($eventlink.$view->datamodel->getItemidLink().$view->datamodel->getCatidsOutLink());

// I choost not to use $row->fgcolor
   $fgcolor="inherit";
   // [mic] if title is too long, cut 'em for display
   $tmpTitle = $row->title();

if( JString::strlen( $row->title() ) >= 50 ){
      $tmpTitle = JString::substr( $row->title(), 0, 50 ) . ' ...';
   }

if (strpos(JRequest::getString("jevtask"),"day")===0 && ($row->starttime() != $row->endtime()) && !($row->alldayevent())){
      $times = $row->starttime(). '&nbsp;-&nbsp;' . $row->endtime() . '&nbsp;';
   } else {
      $times = '';
   }
   echo $times;
      ?>
         <a class="ev_link_row" href="<?php echo $eventlink; ?>" <?php echo $args;?> style="font-weight:bold;color:<?php echo $fgcolor;?>;" title="<?php echo JEventsHTML::special($row->title()) ;?>"><?php echo $tmpTitle ;?></a>
         <?php
         if( $cfg->get('com_byview') == '1' ) {
            echo JText::_('JEV_BY') . '&nbsp;<i>'. $row->contactlink() .'</i>';
         }
         ?>
      <?php
}

Geraint
Geraint

Postby Nukem36 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:07 pm

High Geraint!

thanks again. I tried it out with alpha 3 by copy and paste the code you posted, but it's still the same. I'm not shure if it's the right code-place!?

I think it should be one of the two listevents_body.php - files in:

/components/com_jevents/views/default/day/tmpl
and/or
/components/com_jevents/views/default/week/tmpl

Please understand that I'm not familiar with php. Otherwise I would have tried to do it myself.....

Thanks for your help!

Regards
Nukem36
Nukem36

Postby Geraint » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:27 pm

You should be using Beta build 1347 see viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1154
Geraint

Next

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)