JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

FEATURE SUGGESTION: Display days at year view

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby suvel » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:07 pm

For the designers of JEvents 1.5,

I would like a feature at the options for year view to choose for the display of the daynumbers in front of the events. I made already a hack for JEvents 1.4 and also for 1.5 but it would be desirable to add this feature.

I have seen many requests for this possibility at many forums and this would make a lot of users very happy.

The hack i made is available at: http://forum.joomlacommunity.eu/showthread.php?t=1654 (For version Jevents 1.5 alpha3 and 1.5 beta)

Site is in Dutch, sorry.

regards,

Ronald
Last edited by suvel on Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
suvel

Postby Geraint » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:30 pm

Do you have a screen shot or it in action or a URL?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby suvel » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:37 pm

the url of my test site: (used 1.5 beta)

http://www.zeilnummers.nl/joomla/index. ... 61&lang=nl

At the following site I made a hack for 1.4. Here you can even click at the daynumber to go to the day view of that day.

http://www.scouting-zon.nl/index.php?op ... &Itemid=27

Regards,

Ronald
suvel

Postby Geraint » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:57 pm

Thanks.

By the way did you realise that you don't need to "hack" the installation to achieve this?

If you put your modified file in a subfolder of your template it will achieve the same thing

e.g. beez/html/DefaultYear/listevents_body.php

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby suvel » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:52 pm

Hello Geraint,

I tried to use the template override method before but not succeeded.

Shouldn't be the correct path: ../(template-name)/html/com_jevents/DefaultYear ?

Will try again using your advice,

Thanks,

Ronald

Update: Use the above mentioned path and that is working. Thanks again for this advice, I always prefer to use a template override and not hacking into the core files. This is a great approvement. :)
suvel

Postby Geraint » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:42 pm

Your path is correct - I was typing without looking at the screen ;)
Geraint

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)