JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Menu Page Pushed Down, Modify Events

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby chugger93 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:52 pm

I'm still having this problem even with the new jevents 1.5. I had it with 1.4, but now with 1.5 as well. Its a fresh install. Any ideas? Only happens in IE it seems.

FYI This seems to only happen with the Common and Calendar tabs. If you select images, extra or help when creating an event or modifying, the left column shows up fine.
chugger93

Postby chugger93 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:10 pm

Geraint

Maybe you can help here.
Attachments
menupush1.jpg
menupush1.jpg (69.41 KiB) Viewed 1124 times
menupush2.jpg
menupush2.jpg (82.26 KiB) Viewed 1125 times
chugger93

Postby Geraint » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:43 pm

After a lot of hunting I found a stray "</div>" in the code - I'll commit the fix for the next build sometime over the weekend.

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby chugger93 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:15 pm

Can you PM me the change or something? When is the next build gonna be released with bug fixes? Just curious cuz I'm trying to finalize my project here with joomla and jevents. Thanks man! :D
chugger93

Postby Geraint » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:34 pm

I#ll do another build over this weekend and post it in the sticky message in this forum
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby chugger93 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:35 pm

Geraint,

I'm still having this problem, but only on the COMMON tab. Any insight? Maybe another stray div???
chugger93

Postby Geraint » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:05 pm

What column widths do you have configured in the template? Also is there any chance that your side modules are wider than these configured widths?
Geraint

Postby chugger93 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:16 pm

My widths are the default, I havnt changed em. Template width is 97. I tried changing it to 100 as well, but still no go.

My side modules are are default stuff. basically joomla right outta the box. Weird I know. hmm

UPDATE:

I've finally found the issue that is the problem. In administrator/components/com_jevents/views/icalevent/tmpl/edit.php

If you remove this line or the PHP echo part, the sidebar doesnt get pushed.

Code: Select all
<td  align="left"><?php echo JText::_('JEV_EVENT_PRIORITY'); ?>:</td>
chugger93

Postby Geraint » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:57 pm

unfortunately we need this field. What modules do you have visible on the page when you are editing - I'll see if I can recreate the problem.

Alternatively is there a public URL I could look at?

Geraint
Geraint

Postby chugger93 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:03 pm

Actually it could also be the editor though, a little below that code:

Code: Select all
echo $editor->display( 'jevcontent',  JEventsHtml::special($this->row->content()) ,  "100%", 250, '70', '10', $t_buttons) ;

My site is only internal (sux, sorry), and I only have user login module and polls. If I switch them with anything else, same results. So Im confident its not the modules.

How can I decrease the width of that editor slightly? If I adjust the 100%, 250, or 70 values to lower ones, it doesnt seem to work either. So maybe theres others values for schrinking the editor elsewhere?

Thanks!
chugger93

Next

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)