JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

iCal Automatic Refresh (for URL iCal)

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby liveaverage » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:34 pm

PHP: PHP Version 5.2.3-1ubuntu6.3
Joomla: Version 1.5.8
JEvents: 1.5alpha3
Web Server: Server version: Apache/2.2.4 (Ubuntu)
Server OS: Ubuntu 6.06 LTS
MySQL: Server version: 5.0.45-Debian_1ubuntu3.1-log
memory_limit: 128MB

Files: ./components/com_jevents/libraries/iCalICSFile.php

First off, great software. I was using 1.4.3 on the Joomla 1.x and have moved a local intranet (non-production) to Joomla 1.5 w/ JEvent 1.5alpha3. Haven't had too many problems I couldn't solve, but just thought I'd post my (temporary?) fix for the following problem with the iCal URL Subscription anonymous updates.

Everytime I'd enable the anonymous update function (for automatic front-end updates) for any given URL iCal subscription it would disable itself (automagically) after a single anonymous refresh. After some digging I ended up modifying line 33 in ./components/com_jevents/libraries/iCalICSFile.php, which kept setting each row's autorefresh value back to '0'. I commented out the original var declaration that set an initial value and added only a var declaration (no value set). I guess my question is, is it OK to leave it like this? It fixed the problem, but will it cause additional issues?

Also, although unrelated, I had to modify line 313 in ./components/com_jevents/libraries/jeventshtml.php from:

function getUserMailtoLink( $�evid, $userid ){

to

function getUserMailtoLink( $evid, $userid ){

as I kept getting undeclared variable errors from PHP (cause by the funky characters in the original $evid declaration). Hope this helps someone, and I'd love to hear if this change is satisfactory (at least for the time being). Thanks again to the authors and contributors for a great component!
liveaverage

Postby Geraint » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:08 pm

Thanks for those two useful spots!

Rather than change the default value of the autorefresh flag I have changed the code to ensure that it doesn't loose its current state.

Keep them coming ;)

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby liveaverage » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:40 pm

Awesome! I'll pull the SVN package soon if it will be in there. Thanks again for some great, useful software.
liveaverage

Postby Geraint » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:20 pm

Just committed the changes + some other bug fixes
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby liveaverage » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:06 pm

Man, you are quick! Thanks for the helpful information and superb software.
liveaverage

Postby vjmazcu » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:53 pm

I have a joomlasite with thw jevents component and I want to use ical to refresh the calendar information of many diferents joomlasites, but I'dont know that url i have to indicate in the calendar creation.
Somebody knows?

There are any manual or tutorial for this.

Thank you very much.
vjmazcu

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)