JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Can't create event

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby wc_r » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:24 pm

I am having a lot of problems with this. I uninstalled everything I had and used the build on the first post of this forum area. I installed, clicked set up DB, created a category, but when I try to create an event, as soon as I click 'new' it give a 403 error page.

* PHP version : 5.2.6
* Joomla! version: 1.5.8
* JEvents version: 1.5
* Web Server software: Apache
* Server Operating system: Cpanel
* Database version: 5.0.67-community
* memory_limit from your phpinfo: 64M

ss_events.gif
Screenshot of error page with debugging on
ss_events.gif (15.56 KiB) Viewed 1471 times
wc_r
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:51 pm

What type of user are you logged in as?

Did you setup the parameters that set what different levels are required for different tasks via the parameters button on the control panel?

Also you could add this user as a specific authorised user.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby wc_r » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:58 pm

I am logged in as admin to the backend.

Ah ha - I hadn't set up myself as a user that could do anything ( hopefully super admin will be default on this in future builds).
wc_r
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:36 pm

That was the intention - I need to check.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby wc_r » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:41 pm

Well, I can create the event now, but I can't publish it. When I try to, it says it does. but it still shows an X in the published column in the admin area and doesn't show anywhere on the site. I tried both clicking on the X and also checking the box and choosing "Publish".
wc_r
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:16 am

Are the associated category and calendar published?

Are you using the version from the sticky post at the top of the forum?
Geraint

Postby wc_r » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:37 pm

Category and calendar are published. Yes, I used the latest version which is at the top of the forum.
wc_r
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:19 pm

I'm wondering if your database tables are been setup properly.

If this is an upgrade from alpha 2 can you apply the queries from the post at the start of this forum.

If is alpha3 can you check your database tables?

Do you have all the tables:
#__jevents_categories, #__jevents_exception , #__jevents_icsfile , #__jevents_repetition , #__jevents_rrule , #__jevents_vevdetail
, #__jevents_vevent and #__jev_users

Is there anything in these tables?
Geraint

Postby wc_r » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:11 pm

This was a fresh install ( sort of) I uninstalled the first alpha 3 that I had - as it wasn't the latest build, and I wanted to start fresh.

Yes, the tables all exist, and there is data in them.

????
wc_r
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:21 pm

Can you set "error display" to maximum in the Joomla global config and report any error messages you see - thanks
Geraint

Next

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)